F1 » DC and Lee on the BBC, but dissent continues

Even as he confirms further elements of next year's BBC F1 coverage, the broadcaster's Ben Gallop attracts further complaints from race fans.

Filter Comments: All | Registered

Trying

November 29, 2011 4:58 PM

Unfortunately it looks like the BBC will still be using rabbit rabbit Antony Davidson who just will not shut up. When asked a simple question he waffles on and on and ... If they must keep him then make him use short accurate sentences and not with all the pointless blather and um ahs. A simple question he was asked recently got waffled and blathered but not answered, and it was something he should have known. It is always a relief when Crofty can get a sentence in. I hope Crofty gets the lead job that Martin had, and pair him with DC or another well spoken ex-driver BUT not Nigel Mansell please, I hear enough of my local accent as it is, and on TV it is ten times worse, I like Nigel a great driver but oh that accent. :) Rubens will be looking for a job soon perhaps.

Trying

November 29, 2011 5:06 PM

The daftest part of this "cost cutting" is that they are taking the whole team to all the races with cameras and sound crews so where is this 'big' saving being made ? They will still be using the F1 official feed, so nowhere in all that do I see any kind of saving. Transmission time etc whatever time it is broadcast will be much the same as they own the channels. They might save on Martin's salary, but they will still pay much the same or more for his replacement. Still no savings. And now they will have more time to waste on the pointless Olympics.
As Meatloaf sings "Life is a Lemon and I want my money back"

cknopp - Unregistered

November 29, 2011 5:13 PM

As long as it is still commercial free and in HD, I will be watching.... After I download it from my favorite torrent site.

The US coverage is pretty good, but ad breaks every 2 laps makes it unwatchable. So I avoid reading anything about the race, download the Brittish feed, and enjoy it at my liesure!

Roll on 2012!!!

Bemused - Unregistered

November 29, 2011 5:16 PM

I feel remote from what is happening and somewhat bemused. We are collectively letting our media become controlled by a very clever and manipulative Australian who claims to have had first Blair elected and then Cameron. Murdoch's men were then installed as advisor to the PM and Cheif GL constable and we still patronise him. Have we got no pride? - the answer I know is that we don't. We are in an 'I am alright jack' society. I guess that this is just the way it is.
You can argue that the money brought into football has made England the most competitive premiere league in the world. Is this good? We can argue that it has been at the cost of having only a half decent natioanl team with ever fewer local players. I don't/can't watch cricket anymore.
I can't help feeling that F1 needs the masses rather than just the subset that will be willing to pay for their F1 viewing, Vodafone, Stanander, Shell and the likes are in it for the reach.
Where will this all end up? We will have to ask Rupe

jigger80 - Unregistered

November 29, 2011 5:20 PM

why not see if the local is doing a special sunday F1 lunch next year?? if planned right it could be a win win for everyone! either that or start streaming online........

Pacific Minardi F1 - Unregistered

November 29, 2011 5:58 PM

This will be the death of F1. Sponcers won't pay as much as they used to due to lack of TV coverage. In these hard times no one with any sense will pay extra to Sky, to watch a race. They have proven time and again they don't care about their viewers and as a company they certainly can't be trusted. Brundle will just be talking to himself and a handful of viewers. It's been a great 30 odd years watching F1. You will be sadly missed.

« 1 2 3 4  »