F1 » DC and Lee on the BBC, but dissent continues

Even as he confirms further elements of next year's BBC F1 coverage, the broadcaster's Ben Gallop attracts further complaints from race fans.

belt tightening - Unregistered

November 29, 2011 6:12 PM

DC seemed to improve 100% in the last race. Out of brundles shadow he may be even better.
Brundle could have stayed but he knew in a few years time the bbc will lose it all. Best to be established at sky rather than present a 30 min highlights show on
c4 or c5 or Dave even.
Mind you the whole thing sums up the bbc. Just to keep their perks and benefits they sell out the licence paying public.
Boasting they will be at every race, well done you.

ramjam 69

November 29, 2011 6:34 PM

@Trying
The cost savings come from the amount of money they pay FOM for their coverage, not from who they send over to wherever.

I've been a Sky viewer from the start in 1989 and have a HD TV. As far as I'm concerned I'll be paying 10 pounds a month for 15 or so HD channels and getting F1 for free. I'll be sorry to miss free F1, but as a big fan, because I'll be also getting all those HD channels as well, it's not too much of a problem for me.

Caroline - Unregistered

November 29, 2011 7:25 PM

@Bemused

And James Murdoch has just been reappointed as chairman of Sky.

But I still love the quote from Tom Watson to James Murdoch at the recent phone hacking inquiry:

"Mr Murdoch you must be the first mafia boss in history who didn't know he was running a criminal enterprise."

Oh and BBC news 24 has revealed that government laptops were hacked into as well, breaching the UK's national security.

Realfan 10 - Unregistered

November 29, 2011 8:09 PM

Sorry Caroline, I thought the whole NOW investigation was a witchhunt on the Murdochs. You would be pretty naive to think that ALL newspapers dont work that way. but now the investigation is targetting the parent company News International. I thought Watson was out of order calling Murdoch a Mafia boss. If it wasn't for the press we would not have known that the MP's were all a bunch of crooks,fiddling expenses and I'd bet good money that Watson never became a fat g1t on his own money. I agree with Ramjam, Sky make a brilliant job of the World speedway, so I'm going to pay to watch my favourite sport with apparantly no commercials. I would rather pay Sky than have to endure another gameshow,dancing with dinosaurs. I'm sure we are going to be inundated with more cheap gameshows and studio controlled productions.Is that not enough proof. I would like to be able to claim my Licence fee back as I will be paying Sky who dont mind paying for quality content.

Realfan 10 - Unregistered

November 29, 2011 8:09 PM

ds - Unregistered

November 29, 2011 8:38 PM

been a F1 fan since 1994,i for one wont pay for Sky to line the pockets of the greedy individuals concerned in this rip off, Bernie, you have sold the uk fans out!

krm16 - Unregistered

November 29, 2011 8:47 PM

Bernie and co dont give a stuff about the fans in the uk if they could get away with it all the races would be in the middle east, the only intrest they have is were the next pound is coming from!!its all about money not racing not fans !!!!

« 1 2 3 4  »