F1 » Martin Turner (Sky Sports) - Q&A

The confirmation of Sky Sports first-ever F1 broadcast team will do little to dampen the uproar that has followed the announcement that the satellite broadcaster had snatched the UK television rights from the BBC, but executive producer Martin Turner is excited by the talent at his disposal.

Filter Comments: All | Registered

evesdropper - Unregistered

December 07, 2011 12:31 PM

Im sure it will be wall to wall, but bbc were doing that and the endless hrs of babbling got really wearing.
Whole thing just seems like murdoch punishing the uk for objecting to his NOTW hackers and putting him and his son on show for a embarassing grilling before his mp pals.

Ben M - Unregistered

December 07, 2011 12:39 PM

I wonder if there will be an option to watch the world feed as-is, so that we get the race noise, radio transmissions, captions etc, but no commentary. I could easily enjoy a race more by not having Martin Brundle spending every other lap explaining the basics of the sport to the "casual" fans.

Spiderzzweb - Unregistered

December 07, 2011 12:49 PM

I like many F1 fans feel very let down by the BBC and this half cocked deal with SKY TV. I dont care who they have in the pitlane. Its what happens on the track that matters! I have been following F1 on free to air tv for many years, including getting out of bed in the early hours to watch overseas races. Im now thinking about calling it a day, much like I did with watching football after SKY got their grubby paws on that sport. SHAME ON YOU BBC! pay money to SKY, I DONT THINK SO!

wtf - Unregistered

December 07, 2011 1:05 PM

Having read the new rule changes (on autosport ) along with this 5h1t I certainly wont be glad to see the back of F1. Will be a a total waste of time to watch.

mrfill - Unregistered

December 07, 2011 1:28 PM

Dear oh dear. Not content with taking their ball, they've nicked the goal posts, corner flags, white lines and most of the pitch.

I wish I could buy shares in ITV4 - their Sunday afternoon audiences will rocket. And if SkumTV buy that, I shall personally poo in Mr Turner's hat.

Percy Plumpuller - Unregistered

December 07, 2011 7:24 PM

Never mind you've always got good old tennis on the bbc.I lye in bed at night dreaming about the tennis.Not!!!!!
Oh and that other boring crap the snooker.
But what do you expect when the person in charge of the bbc is a woman.
What we should have is jeremy clarkson in charge at the beeb then it will be let the good times roll for us petrol heads.

youngslinger - Unregistered

December 07, 2011 8:40 PM

Get it right! Sky did NOT "snatch" the rights from the BBC, it was GIVEN to them by the BBC not allowing terrestrial channels from bidding. Sky, shrewd businessmen, have grabbed the opportunity. Percy, you are RIGHT!!!!!!!!!!

bojan - Unregistered

December 07, 2011 9:46 PM

Am I alone in getting just a bit bored by the anti Sky comments being repeated ad nauseam at every opportunity. If you can't afford Sky, I do sympathise, but blame the BBC!

Much of the criticism of Sky sounds to me like ill-informed sour grapes I'm afraid.