F1 » Vote for your F1 Driver of the Year!

CLICK HERE to rate the various drivers to take part in this year's F1 world championship - from Sebastian Vettel to Karun Chandhok - for their performances during 2011.

Yirmin Snipe - Unregistered

December 09, 2011 3:17 PM

I'm amazed at the number of unimpressive drivers there are in F1. I guess it is a combination of more back marker teams that can't afford good drivers and mid-fielders selling seats to whoever has the most money regardless of talent. How sad.... maybe the answer is to only allow a team to field 1 car so they would be more inclined to get the best driver they can find.

Chop Chop - Unregistered

December 09, 2011 5:55 PM

Not much to choose and say about 2011. Driver who has best car win more but I'll choose Button if I must choose one.
DRS ruined the drivers' skill and natural over-taken.

OZFan - Unregistered

December 09, 2011 7:55 PM

I know one important feature in F1 is that all teams must build their own chassis. Still, I don't see no point in building cars that will never be anything near competitive. Wouldn't it be better and cheaper for the news teams to be allowed to race in a chassis supplied by another constructor? Hence racing would improve, and small teams would have some slightly better chances.

While aussie Webber failed to achieve anything, Vettel shone through the whole year, placing himself light-years away from his team mate.

ron'sgoldenboy - Unregistered

December 09, 2011 9:09 PM

I would have given it to Jenson but i feel the Pirelli tyres have assisted his style of driving too much to the detriment of naturally quick drivers who have to manage tyres instead of pushing their cars to the max.

So i have to go with Hamilton. JOKE. Alonso for me not the best Ferrari we've seen but credit to him for getting his head down and just getting on with it and not moaning regards the cars performance this season. He has also had some brilliant starts, Vettel has done what any top f1 driver would have done driving a car that is the best on any track and as been quicker than the rest even when its kers has not been working.

Taipan

December 09, 2011 9:28 PM

Ron, I tend to agree with you, I ended up giving Alonso, Button and Vettel 9 points each, I can't really split them this season.

I gave Hammy 2 points, but I regret that now....

I think I might have given him one too many!

:p

cknopp - Unregistered

December 09, 2011 9:32 PM

Fanboi hate is a hilarious bigotry.

If you can only judge drivers in equal machinery, the driver that has the largest gap to his teammate wins.

That is, unless you are a bigot fanboi.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11  »