F1 » Di Montezemolo: We weren’t happy with Massa

Luca di Montezemolo puts the pressure on Felipe Massa ahead of the 2012 F1 season

Rob01 - Unregistered

December 24, 2011 8:25 PM

An Alonso pairing with Lewis is highly unlikely so Ferrari and any others are safe at the moment saying Lewis would never go or be picked by Ferrari. But I think that Ferrari are making a mistake not getting Alonso a better team mate to get a WCC.

Taipan

December 24, 2011 10:33 PM

Rob, I'm taking my "anti-Lulu hat off here" but can you as a Hamilton fan really see him cope with the Ferrari regime? I certainly can't see it.
How many Ferrari drivers can you remember criticise the team and got away with it? Prost said the car handled like a truck (and by all accounts it did) and he was sacked, even though he had brought them more success than anyone in the previous decade.
Look at the way Alonso has changed during his time at Ferrari, he puts the team first (at least in media terms) he plays the roll of a Ferrari ambassador just like Schumacher did and that is what is expected of their drivers, In my oppinion Hamilton does not have the maturity to play that role (so far)
Having said that, I agree they need a better performance from their second driver than they got from Massa this year, I hope he can raise his game next year.

107SS2009

December 24, 2011 10:57 PM

Taipan, at the FERRARI function before this last one (lunch for the racing team and sponsors “over one thousandth people”) LDM expressed exactly that sentiment re drivers requirements at FERRARI, which has always been the trade mark of Ferrari, I tried to explain that some time ago when I said that Lulu is not FERRARI material.
Wishing you A happy Christmas to you and your family.

sbkfan - Unregistered

December 25, 2011 1:44 AM

Ferreri should just shut about massa, back him or sack him comments like that will only bring him down.

If they happen to turn out a great car then they will be in the position red bull are. E.g 1 driver to win raes and go for the title and the other to rack up a solid amount of points, Massa is capable of that.

If they get Kubica that could well turn into an 07 mclaren mess, providing kubica can return to the form before his accident.

Liam48

December 25, 2011 2:04 AM

I really feel sorry for Massa, he once not so long ago challenging for the championship... now since his accident and Alonso becoming Ferrari's favourite it has taken Massa's speed and fighting spirit right out of him. I also got the 2011 season review yesterday (pre-ordered) it really shows how bad Massa was this season and how annoyed his chief engineer Rob Smedley was at Massa all season. Hope you have a better season next season Felipe.

Rob01 - Unregistered

December 25, 2011 2:10 AM

Taipan, I appreciate your effort to discuss Lewis in an objective light. I agree he would not fit in with Ferrari at this point of his career. Although I would say that if given an offer that attitudes change when driving for the marquee team of F1. Merry Christmas

Taipan

December 25, 2011 10:35 AM

Happy Christmas Rob and Sunny, I missed this last night, too much beer and fell asleep on the sofa (again) oops!
I'd like to know what has changed with Felipe, he coped having MS as a team mate, he did really well against Kimi, now he's being blown away by Alonso. Is Alonso such a dominant team mate that it's getting to Flip? or has his mojo never fully returned since his accident?

arcuid

December 25, 2011 11:50 AM

@sodesu, Mark is right. Lewis had 3 wins and a pole this year while Felipe had no wins or pole so how could the McLaren driver have a worse result in comparison?

@Taipan Good question about Felipe's mojo after his accident. Next season might be a make or break for him over at Ferrari. They need a solid second driver who can support Alonso and bring in the points to take the Constructors Trophy

107SS2009

December 25, 2011 12:06 PM

Taipan, I have been asking myself that exact same question re Massa, I have decided to wait till next season to decide (for myself), this because regardless of all due respect and faith shown in him by FERRARI it is surely to be his last chance.
Re the “dominant team mate” I consider MS as the driver being the most dominant re his team mates in the history of F1, second to that is Fangio.
May be Massa having gone to FERRARI alongside MS and having with a lot of genuine help/advice from MS done so well alongside him and then also done well alongside the reputable KR was sort of lost/disgruntled when FERRARI hired FA which at that time was not popular at all with most FERRARISTI.

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9  »