F1 » Di Montezemolo: We weren’t happy with Massa

Luca di Montezemolo puts the pressure on Felipe Massa ahead of the 2012 F1 season

Filter Comments: All | Registered

Taipan

December 25, 2011 12:09 PM

Happy Christmas Arcuid I hope you're having a nice day. I agree with your Massa point. If he doesn't stay really close to Alonso next year he'll probably, sadly find himself in at best a midfield team in 2013. It's a shame because when he's good he's very good and probably the nicest guy and one of the best sportsmen on the grid.

107SS2009

December 25, 2011 12:20 PM

Taipan, that estimation/opinion of yours is spot on.
And don't go to sleep or get to much drink again as everybody seems to either still being in bed or trying to get a clear head! Very few on here.

arcuid

December 25, 2011 12:22 PM

Hi Taipan! Hi Sunny! Having a quiet one day with family Also have been very busy hence me not being around at Crash that much these days. Looking forward to next season and will try to keep up with info when testing starts for everyone. We may have e very intense battle in 2012 so fingers crossed and good luck to all the teams. Have a great day ya all!

Taipan

December 25, 2011 12:23 PM

I completely agree with that Sunny, there's no doubt that Schumacher helped Felipe and never really seen him as a threat to his position. I don't imagine Alonso offers the same assistance to him, and in fairness why should he.
I wasn't at all keen on Alonso comming to Ferrari but he's won me over. He's driven very well but even more than that his conduct out of the car has been perfect. He slotted straight in to the team leader role and seemed to gain the respect of the Ferrari team very quickly.

107SS2009

December 25, 2011 12:32 PM

Arcuid, I did notice your absence these last few days, as to next season everybody is expecting a much closer field, but nobody can really tell what it will be like until at least the testing starts, and do your best to keep yourself informed, I appreciate people that makes an effort to keep themselves informed.

Taipan

December 25, 2011 12:36 PM

Arcuid I think this is the first day in a few months that I've been able to spend more than a few minutes on Crash, too much work and not enough play recently.

Sunny, Santa was good enough to leave a bottle of Glenmorangie under the tree this morning but I'm avoiding booze until we've attacked the turkey!

Taipan

December 25, 2011 12:43 PM

Sunny I didn't get to see Fangio but from what I've read the respect he recieved from his team mates and others was fairly unique.
When Moss talks about him it's almost as though he didn't want to beat him because he looked up to him and respected him so much.

Horacio - Unregistered

December 25, 2011 3:36 PM

I am not a Felipe fan, but do not blame him
for lack of points, he qualified better than Alonso in a few races and he even was told to move over and let Fernando pass

EnRiCo47

December 25, 2011 10:09 PM

If Hamilton went to Ferrari with all the special treatment(mental as well) that he would get, probably he would out drive Alonso if the Ferrari is good enough and win the title.

But i can can understand why Luca di Montezemolo does not want him.

Hamilton, behind the wheel,he he is not a docile or passive personality, and that could certainly create a problem with Fernando.

Ciao