F1 » Di Montezemolo: We weren’t happy with Massa

Luca di Montezemolo puts the pressure on Felipe Massa ahead of the 2012 F1 season

Filter Comments: All | Registered

Danimal - Unregistered

December 25, 2011 11:01 PM

Luca di Montezemolo knows Massa'a window to win the title is about one centimeter from being shut. He's just softening up the path to give Massa the boot. No need in having two drivers at or just past their primes, a younger talented one with championship potential should be paired with Alonso amd groomed to be the face of the team much like Vettel.

Taipan

December 26, 2011 1:22 AM

Enrico, The main "special treatment" that Ferrari drivers get is far more pressure to perform and expectation to behave than drivers from any other team. We all know that Hamilton can't cope with pressure and seems to have an alergy towards behaving himself. But the main issue is that Ferrari drivers are expected to realise that the team always come first so the idea of him joining the Scuderia is completely unthinkable.

arcuid

December 26, 2011 11:19 AM

@sunny Yes dear will do! :) Joking aside I do my best to keep informed on F1. I think most of us do. It will also be interesting to see which of the Crash regulars will take the plunge and go ahead and get Sky since the Beeb will only be showing half the races.

107SS2009

December 26, 2011 12:46 PM

Arcuid, I don't know how many will take the plunge and get SKY SPORTS out of those who doesn't have it in the UK, I Guess some will do most will not.
My taking of the situation (UK) is, F1 viewing in the UK are around seven/eight million, there are probably ten million SKY subscribers in the UK, with maybe fifty/sixty percent which have SKY sports BUT how many of those are FI fans?,
It looks like they have halved the viewing figures.

Taipan

December 26, 2011 1:41 PM

Sunny, There's a quote from LDM on Setanta Sports website that sums up what we've been saying rather well...

"Vettel is a brilliant driver. He's young, but seems very intelligent in the way he carries himself. He has a great future, let's see. I like drivers who use their head more than their right foot.

"But (a move) would be on the condition that we don't upset the balance within the team. Today we have a balance. I don't want drivers who will have a problem with each other."

107SS2009

December 26, 2011 2:05 PM

Taipan, for myself, what I was saying all along I was sure off, on another page I wrote about two important things/comments LDM said/made at the dinner party for the racing team and sponsors (over one thousand people) one of which was this Vettel thing you read about and the other was of much more importance/consequences for the feature, was (about MR E).

107SS2009

December 26, 2011 10:19 PM

From what I read of which was said at that function he certainly was!.
Rob, a man by the name of Pino Allievi which reported the two comments mentioned and which were hardly reported is a most reliable man/guide to the goings on at Marinello.

« 3 4 5 6 7 8 9  »