F1 » Di Montezemolo: We weren’t happy with Massa

Luca di Montezemolo puts the pressure on Felipe Massa ahead of the 2012 F1 season

EnRiCo47

December 27, 2011 12:54 PM

@@@@107SS2009 and @@@@TAIPAN

Certainly at the moment at least,Hamilton , and i agree with both of you he is not at all a team man so he can not fit in the Ferrari Brand.

But name a top driver of any era who deep down was not egocentric???none i think.

unless they sacrifice the glory for money.

If conditioned Schumacher would have walked, so Senna, Prost did, and Vettel would.

I think that Fernando has compromised himself a bit for finantial benefit,and for what Ferrari stand for more than for areal possibility at the moment for glory.

i was reading that by 2016 Fernando he will have gross earned about 400 millions at Ferrari.

i dont know if he could have gone to Red bull, but if he did , he certainly would not have come second, because his ability is second to none

Enrico

Taipan

December 27, 2011 1:32 PM

Erico what do you mean "if Schumacher was conditioned he would have walked"?

Prost was sacked by Ferrari he didn't quit, and it was Senna's long term aim to end his own career at Ferrari.

Non egocentric champions? Fangio, Clark, Surtees to name a few.

EnRiCo47

December 27, 2011 10:27 PM

@@@@Taipan
Yes Prost was ,sacked , but he let every one know that he was not happy about the car , he didnt just take the money and shut up.
I dont know the details but Senna and Prost could not cope being in the same team.
I am 64, and it is before my time ,but the little i heard from older guys was that some top drivers of the past received treatments that ,today would not being allowed.

Apparently Manurl Fangio won one at least of his 5 titles thanks his team mate giving him his car, when his own broke down.

About,Schumacher, as i stated you know more than me ,He deserved to n1 in every team he went because he was the best but, Ferrari other driver Barricchello was at best only 2nd before each start because of scuderia s orders.

I am really glad we can be nice to each other , because i have nothing against you and i really appreciate your knowledge and that of some other boys and girls on this site.

I just lost my wife, 2 years ago,i like constructive critisism, that s what m

EnRiCo47

December 27, 2011 10:46 PM

@@@TaIPAn

About Schumacher my point was that being the best driver he created the natural selection wanted by Ferrari, to his own benefit, with terrible ramifications for Barricchello.

It all good if you are the clear top dog,but in an hypothetical situation with Senna, Prost,Schumacher, Vettel, and look i even put Lulu (HA, HA)and pick 2 and you have this great desire to greatness ,with bad results.
You said Senna s desire was to be with Ferrari, but how long would he have stayed if he could not get his own way.
I am sure , you saw his movie , (documentary) SENNA, he was very well manner and spoken, but very driven.

Ciao

EnRiCo47

December 27, 2011 10:58 PM

@@@@107SS2009

It appears that by what you are telling me, that Alonso has opted for $40,000,000.00 a year financial certainty hoping that Ferrari car will sort itself out.

I was reading just after the season ended and apparently, Seb new yearly contract if fairly small by comparison,
And you have this man young, fit,who trashed 4 world champions like few ever did ,and he gets much less than the runner ups.

Maybe,107SS2009@@@@@, it could be why Fernando didn t go to RedBull, Careers are short compared to human life.

Ciao
Enrico

Taipan

December 27, 2011 11:16 PM

Enrico, First and foremost I'm very sorry to hear that you lost your wife.

In 1956 at Monza Peter Collins gave Fangio his car near the end of the race due to Fangio's breaking down, sharing drives back then was common place and both drivers would share the points. Collins had a very slim chance of winning the championship but chose to give Fangio his car. From what I know it wasn't "team orders" as Enzo and JMF were not the best of friends. It made no difference to the championship at the end as 5 races from 8 counted and JMF scored 30 to Moss's 27 without counting his 3 Monza points.

Taipan

December 27, 2011 11:26 PM

cont.

Senna's desire to end his career at Ferrari isn't spoken about very often, I think it was his good friend and McLaren coordinator Joe Ramirez who made the claim on a BBC documentary after his death, maybe one of the Crash regulars can correct me if I'm wrong.

Schumacher's average lap time at Ferrari was .3 seconds faster than Barrichello, so I never had a problem with him getting the better treatment, Ferrari tend to go with one lead driver and a number 2, some don't agree with that but it makes sense to me and lets face it it's brought them plenty of success over the years.

Taipan

December 27, 2011 11:33 PM

cont.

I've never aired my views on the Senna DVD. It's a great watch for any F1 fan and I agree Senna was a very bright guy and nobody's fool, but I felt the DVD went a bit too far in trying to paint Prost as the big bad wolf and in cahoots with JM Balestre. I don't think there was any need for that and if anything it showed Senna as being a bit paranoid, I would have prefered not to see that side of him.

But I was always a Prost fan so maybe I'm biased.

EnRiCo47

December 27, 2011 11:57 PM

@@@@TAIPAN

You see great minds think alike.

To me as a package driver/ person A. Prost is/was the best.

He was very intelligent , he never pushed the car behind what he thought was in his limit.
Senna s accident was a fluke, but in my opinion Senna s driving, like J. Clarke in the 60 s, was a fatal accident waiting to happen.

Yes i did notice in the movie(documentary) Senna s paranoia over and over and it was not just against F1, but Prost and anything that did not slot in his view.

I dont mean to offend Senna s memory because it was a pleasure to watch him, and Lewis reminds a bit of him.
But to me Prost was a cut above , and that may be the reason why he is still with us.
They made Prost look bad because it was Senna the movie, not Prost the movie.

The Senna i liked was the one away from the race track,on the boat commentating,at the Rio s carnival with the beautiful girl who he later bedded , i think, in other words when he was the man not the driver.

By the way thanks for th

« 4 5 6 7 8 9  »