F1 » F1 Driver of the Year vote: 1st

He had shown glimpses in 2010 of what his move to McLaren may produce, but Jenson Button proved that he was no one-hit wonder as he took control of the team en route to runners-up honours in the 2011 F1 world championship - and top spot in your F1 Driver of the Year poll

Filter Comments: All | Registered

NKT!!! - Unregistered

December 31, 2011 5:47 PM

Funny how some people are trying soo hard to make us believe that Hamilton has been desserted by the fans. This is not the only British site that has carried out a poll, Lewis has been in the top 4 in the others and couldn't make it to the top ten in this Crash poll(why am I not surprised).
Conclusion: Either crash readers are a really queer lot or crash is what I have always thought it is!

richard

December 31, 2011 6:09 PM

nkt. if you dont want to read crash, then don't! if you refer to previous articles on lulu, you will see droves who talk up their favourite lulu , at every opportunity, and resort to abuse when anyone dares to disagree. but as lulus votes were so poor, these so-called fans must have decided not to vote for him.

last year, if i remember correctly, crash later posted the 20-11 choices. i presume that they will do so again. now, i wonder if lulu will even be eleventh?

Taipan

December 31, 2011 6:51 PM

There were 3 clear drivers of the season, Vettel, Alonso and Button and anyone (with a brain) could make a decent case for any of the 3 to top this poll so I don't see much reason for anyone to get too upset over the result. For those saying it's all down to bias British voters, why is Hamilton not in the top 3? or should I say top 10?
Richard, I read this quote from Lulu on another site..
"The personal life, the way things have gone have not been as smooth and as happy as they could have been in the past and to do what I do is a combination of many, many things that are surrounding you"
This was not said after 2011 it was said after 2010! Might be the reason some of the fanboys are deserting him, same old BS excuse year after year. You can only live off the hype for so long then even the most blinkered expect some results.

Taipan

December 31, 2011 7:45 PM

Cheers Sunny, hope you have a good night.

PS. To whoever disagreed to my last post.
I don't mind anyone disagreeing with my opinions but when anyone stoops so low to disagrees with a happy new year message to all, they really should have a look in the mirror and give themselves a good slap!

richard

December 31, 2011 8:41 PM

ty. it may be that you have ruffled a few feathers, by mistake. but there are always a number of grouches around.
or maybe they have a phobia about snakes. but probably some lulu fans who are still furious as they blame you for their hero not getting into the top ten?

anyway, as i said a day or two ago, enjoy your hogmanay. looking forward to enjoying our double act next year!

Taipan

December 31, 2011 10:42 PM

Thanks Richard, I have a couple of bottles at the ready, a Glenmorangie and a Glenfiddich so I'm well prepared. Good to see that you survived the slopes intact.
I have to disagree with you for a change though, I never ruffle feathers by mistake, it's planned! :p
Some need to realise that it's mostly in fun though.

« 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12  »