F1 » Todt: Massa still a good driver, will recover

Jean Todt comes to the defence of Felipe Massa after the Brazilian's struggles in 2011.

ron'sgoldenboy - Unregistered

December 29, 2011 6:49 PM

Its not a case of will Massa recover its a case he must recover.

Interesting Todlt saying that the Ferrari wasn't that bad and it was just the dominance of Vettel, oh sorry the dominance of the RB7, hmmm where have i heard that before.

Hope Massa can put in some decent performances in 2012.

107SS2009

December 29, 2011 7:13 PM

I too hope that Massa will get back to his good form next year as I am convinced that that's about his last chance at FERRARI.
FERRARI has stayed totally loyal and supported Massa all they could.
If Massa will get back to his good form he is a really good driver.

johan pienaar - Unregistered

December 29, 2011 7:21 PM

Phillipe must do a jenson Button he is overwhelmened by the precence of Fernando. Jens just went out and slammend hamilton into the ground!! He did'nt check what the feeling in the paddock was.He SMASHED Lewis and Mc Laren management Just Bruce Mc Laren would have done.Amen

johan pienaar - Unregistered

December 29, 2011 7:22 PM

ron'sgoldenboy - Unregistered

December 29, 2011 7:36 PM

JP, less than a 2 race win is hardly smashing your teammate if that is your name. Webber and Massa were smashed, but i truly hope Massa can bounce back as i cant see the other driver who got smashed touching Vettel.

Alonso is to good for Massa but he can still be competitive and get some good constructor points for for Ferrari.

David Chaste - Unregistered

January 02, 2012 4:12 AM

Just for fun, this is what Jean Todt really means to say:

I got Massa the Ferrari gig because my son is his agent. And of course I want my son Nic to do well in his career as I did.

You don't think I will be successful and not use by leverage to help my son do well do you? What would be the point of me being successful then?

Since I still have connections at the scuderia and am now the head honcho of "La Ef Ee Ah" (FIA), this is the least they can do for me.

Besides we all need favors sooner or later, if you know what i mean. So it's good not to burn bridges...

There plainly translated for the layperson.