F1 » Berger: I wouldn't have re-signed Raikkonen

Gerhard Berger says he wouldn't have signed Kimi Raikkonen for the 2012 F1 season

Matt - Unregistered

December 30, 2011 8:31 AM

I'm not interested in hearing Berger's opinions, but god damn he can power slide a F1 car, and I would rather watch that.
Google - Berger sliding in Monaco 1995.

kasser - Unregistered

December 30, 2011 8:59 AM

Mostly agree with Bergers comments.

But I think Lotus Renault were happy to take the risk. As others have said, what other option did they have??

another rookie?

GPone - Unregistered

December 30, 2011 9:10 AM

In other words, raikkonen is a playboy with boatload of cash and lack motivation to return to the pinnacle of motorsport. A fair assessment, with 150million on the line I take my bet with bigjohn, which is why i think he there instead of petrov.

Andy - Unregistered

December 30, 2011 9:30 AM

Gerhard Berger is wrong. He does deserve the drive.

I just noticed a mistake in the article, it says the 2008 champion, he was the 2007 chanpion

blzbub

December 30, 2011 9:57 AM

Gerhard merely offered an opinion, something he is entitled to have, in his opinion he also believes that Schumacher, while not being on the same level as Vettel or Rosberg, is doing a job on par with Mark Webber. He may change his opinions from time to time.

BuckBundy

December 30, 2011 10:33 AM

Actually I don't think Berger even offered his opinion, as the article stated he was talking to "Austrian Boradcaster ORF" who I'm sure asked for his opinion.

I doubt Berger or any other of the former F1 drivers go around looking for people to give their opinions to (OK, perhaps except Jackie Stewart :p )

JJJ - Unregistered

December 30, 2011 10:45 AM

Aside from the 2008/2007 champion gaffe the article also says Berger was invloved with BMW Sauber and STR, while it should say BMW Williams and STR.

Berger left BMW long before BMW got involved with Sauber.

1 2 3 4 5  »