F1 » Senna: I'm still battling for a place in F1

Bruno Senna: My situation remains the same as before...

jose - Unregistered

January 06, 2012 9:00 PM

Souvikb,
Senna is a 'Average F1 driver, that simple. If he was really, really quick, he would have little trouble finding a seat. The same
with Sutil, and Average F1 driver are not hard to find, look
who is sitting on pit wall.
That old standard still stands, man you cannot Buy Talent!

Jose

jose - Unregistered

January 06, 2012 9:10 PM

richards,
I have to say 2 thumbs up you post about money and Senna.
The same applies to Maldonado, money is the only reason he
sits in a Williams, just leverage talent.. Supported by many
oil wells..
I know that i'm sounding like an old Nay-Sayer, I Don't mean
to, just the way I see it..

Badman, Jose

richard

January 06, 2012 9:20 PM

sou. you know that i meant nick. there are too many nico/nick on the grid!
but i am not saying that perez or koba are wdc material, but they have far more fire and talent than senna. some posters become bewitched by the name senna, and believe that bruno must be as good as his uncle. why do you think that he changed his name from lalli? because he would not have been considered by anyone had he not been using the senna name. then he claims that he doesnt want to be a senna!

Taipan

January 06, 2012 9:21 PM

"no name" You just brought up Prost and Belestre, so you enjoyed the Senna DVD then?

As for Bruno the question should not be why don't people rate him, but why do people rate him? and the only sensible answer is because of fondness for his late uncle.
If Nicolas Prost came into F1 I'd like to see him do well, but if he was crap I'd be forced to say so.
Bruno seems like a really decent guy and it can't be easy joining F1 having Senna as a last name, but it would have been a lot harder for him to get anywhere near F1 without having Senna as a last name hense his name change from Lalli.

Souvikb - Unregistered

January 06, 2012 10:16 PM

@Jose you really have drank the Kool aid that Bernie has been giving you, right?The Kool aid that tells you that formula 1 is the pinnacle of motor sport and that only the best drivers in the world race in formula 1?Formula 1 hasn't been a place for the best drivers in the world since its inception.Motor racing was a way for rich dare devils wanting to show their bravado.A poor guy who might have the greatest car control skills would never get the chance at motor sports because he couldn't afford the best car.Now some people do make it just based on talent,but that hasn't been the case for the last few decades.Please tell me some of the better drivers in F1 who came in just because of talent and not because they or someone paid money for them to come in Formula 1 in the last few decades.Lets come up with some names.And the reason teams are not queuing to hire Bruno is because he was not part of some teams young driver program.Most top teams have one.

Dyke - Unregistered

January 06, 2012 10:23 PM

Jeez Richard, you still hung up on the Senna/Lalli thing? You never comment on the fact that it was Ayrton Senna da Silva do you? It doesn't matter. Bruno hasn't had a full season in F1, including pre-season testing. He was wasting his time in that travetsy of a team HRT, and half a season in the fast fading Renault? He hasn't had a chance in a decent car. He won't this season either as the Williams will be a tractor. They need to sign Sutil and Alguersuari if they are going on talent, Maldonado and Petrov if they need hard cash.

Souvikb - Unregistered

January 06, 2012 10:29 PM

@Richard,no I didn't.As I said before I was not trying to be a smart a**.I actually started looking for Renault drivers with their name as Nico and the closest I came to was Nico Hulkenberg having talks with Flavio.Anyways don't you think that comparing a guy who has a decade of driving exp in Formula1 and a guy who has a years worth of exp in HRT is a tad bit unfair?Also regarding your point of him changing his name,I am tired of explaining to people,he is Bruno Senna Lalli,just as Ayrton was Ayrton Senna Da Silva,just as Bruno's mother is Vivianne Senna Lalli after marriage.I sometimes feel people complaining about his using the Senna name to further his career are so 'saintly' that if they had such an opportunity,they wouldn't have done the same or are just bitter that they never had that opportunity.As far as I have seen he never said he doesn't want to be SENNA,but he doesn't want to be AYRTON SENNA.Me thinks big difference.

Souvikb - Unregistered

January 06, 2012 10:32 PM

@Richard I was about to write that Bruno never had the chance of full season including pre season testing.But I guess Dyke beat me to it.I agree with him about what he has mentioned about Bruno.

Andy - Unregistered

January 06, 2012 11:07 PM

Dont want to be rude or anything but he's had opportunity and not shown any real sign that he deserves to be in F1 - ultimately he's got as far as the fringes because his name makes him marketable, no other reason. He knows that and plays on it by having the same helmet colours etc. I know all the Ayrton worshippers would love him to be a success but come on - there are so many others more qualified. If he wants a drive in F1 maybe he can drive one of the transporters??

jj - Unregistered

January 07, 2012 4:05 AM

I do think Senna has ridden his last name in the F1. I From the results he has shown, he hasn't shown that spark like where FA has out performed the car. There were several occasions when with LRGP he would have decent quali, but then fall backwards in the race. Not saying the it isn't a rough place to just be dropped into an unknown car like that, but he should have done better. I think Senna should go back to GP2, actually win the championship and prove he still has skill, rather than just trying to hop around with bottom teams. Then again Senna is 28 and starting to become a little old for teams to pick up and develop around. Personally I'd pick JA over Senna at this point.

« 1 2 3 4  »