F1 » Massa: I can be 'even faster' than Alonso

Felipe Massa comes out fighting during the Scuderia's annual pre-season Wrooom event on the slopes of Madonna di Campiglio in the Italian Dolomites.

Taipan

January 12, 2012 11:29 PM

Angelina, Since Richard's gone to bed I'll answer your previous question, I would think Alonso would get the better of Seb in equal machinery, I don't think there would be much in it but I'd give Alonso the nod.

To the rest that are having a go at Massa, remember this is the guy that beat Kimi in equal machinery, he took Lulu to within a point of the championship and if it hadn't been for Glock getting lost on the last lap he would have won it. He was almost killed a couple of years ago and bravely came back. This year he was more often than not ahead of Lulu hense the crashes, AND he is a bloody fine sportsman and a credit to F1, it's a shame more did not show his values. So a little respect please.

cratchet

January 12, 2012 11:41 PM

Richard... 'the poor duckie must be jealous. do snakes eat ducks??'

I must admit you have totaly got me there, I havent a clue what your on about, maybe you'd like to explain your coment, cause it dont make any sense at all to me, do you understand what youve written even?

Love C

Angelina - Unregistered

January 13, 2012 12:02 AM

@Taipan
Do u expect 2012 to b close betn Seb and Ferdi?
They r not in same teams.
Can u please explain me why you think Ferdi will do better than Seb in equal cars? Ferdi is slower than Seb and lulu isn't he?

Taipan

January 13, 2012 12:24 AM

Angelina, I think it depends on Ferrari, if they give Alonso a decent car I'd make him favorite.
He has a great ability to get the most out of a car, 3rd best car in 2010 almost won the championship, 3rd best car in 2011 almost came second. I think hes a better driver now than he was when he won the championship, much like Button.
I genuinly don't see Hamilton or Webber being any closer next year, I'm not sure if Button can repeat his success of last year, Mercedes need a huge leap forward if they are to challenge, so I'd say 2012 is probably between Vettel and Alonso.
I was never happy about Alonso going to Ferrari but he's impressed me big time with they way he's taken to the team. Seb is a star, but we've not really seen him in a serious championship fight, 2010 he kind of flew under the radar until the last race, then 2011 was a walk over. In a close season long battle I'd still favour Alonso due to his experience. I could be wrong though.

Angelina - Unregistered

January 13, 2012 12:33 AM

@Taipan
I do think Seb is best n button is 2nd best. I don't consider who cannot win races as a deserving champion.

To remind u n everybody.
Vettel has over 25% (21 in 81) winning rate which is more than everyone except Schumi on current grid. It was better even b4 start of 2011 with 10 wins from 62 races.

Isn't that special & an indication of domination?

Googolplex

January 13, 2012 12:40 AM

Taipan,

You may be right. If Ferrari give Alonso a car that can match the Bulls he will put Vettel under a lot of pressure and perhaps Alonso's experience will win out (although Seb is rapidly maturing in every way so perhaps he will thrive under pressure now he has the comfort of two WDC's under his belt). However, my rose coloured glasses tell me that Webber is going to do a Button styled renaissance in 2012.

Taipan

January 13, 2012 12:54 AM

Googs, I agree Seb looks stronger every year, I remember 4 years ago telling my Mrs that Seb was going to be the next big thing and he's done even better than I expected. As for Webber? I'd like to see it, he's a top bloke. Next season we have 6 world champions in the field for the first time in history, 25% of the grid will be ex champions! It would be great to see them all involved in a championship battle.

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 7  »