F1 » Circuit of The Americas opens ticket sales process

Amid increasing optimism that the race will go ahead, USGP organisers have revealed deatils of their ticketing process.

MikeG

January 23, 2012 3:18 PM

So let me try to understand this ... You need a seat license for $1000-$5000 which gives you nothing but the right to buy tickets for events at the circuit ... and here I was thinking that the circuit wants spectators to attend. Stupid me

UncleSam

January 23, 2012 3:23 PM

PSL's? Seriously? This event will be an utter and complete failure if they expect people to buy seats, just to buy the ticket. This is not the NFL and short sighted, misguided decisions like these can only result in failure. Say what you want about Indy, but they catered to the fans and did not extort you for money for a seat at the venue. I went to every race at Indy, it appears I will not be going to Austin.

Mark _

January 23, 2012 3:49 PM

The seat license just gives you dibs on a particular seat. It is not required to purchase a ticket. I doubt that there will be many takers given the lack of history or the uncertainty of future F1 races.

richard

January 23, 2012 6:02 PM

angie. if you have to ask, then you can't afford it!

but the seat ticket is weird. you pay for the promise of a seat, but if you dont buy a ticket, you get nothing in return? cant even sell your "promise"?. still, i suppose that the organisers want the money to actually physically buy a seat to put in the space. great idea!

Angelina - Unregistered

January 23, 2012 6:17 PM

Richard
I am single & i will spend anything on it if its less than or equal to my monthly salary & if i have already saved that money. I will postpone the repayment of my student loan or maybe my dad will assisst me with it.

I hope it shud b less in America due to lack of popularity. But i won't go for it if its even more expensive or if they don't promise interaction with drivers.

Angelina - Unregistered

January 23, 2012 7:05 PM

Yeah Seb, Horner, Kimi, both Nico's, Nick Heidfeld, Daniel, Jenson, Schumi wow. Tommi too was cute but i hope he will b replaced by another hot Finn.
BTW moneybags Petrov is single.
But lulu is the only realistic option 4 me. I think interaction with many other high profile people too.

But definately i will prefer champion over all others.

richard

January 23, 2012 7:45 PM

angie. tommi?? what i really meant was that the f1 hierarchy do not allow mere plebs to mingle with the drivers, unlike indy, nascar etc. even with a pit pass you would probably not ever be near a driver.

1 2 3 4  »