F1 » McLaren chief leaps to Hamilton defence

Martin Whitmarsh defends Lewis Hamilton after being questioned if he had 'had a word' with his driver over the off-season

Ptolomy - Unregistered

January 30, 2012 4:45 AM

Why hasn't Martin Whitmarsh praised Jenson Button? After all he is the guy who handily beat Hamilton this year. He also beat Mark Webber in the "unbeatable" Newey car. Button was the only man to come close to Sebastian Vettel. Yet Martin Whitmarsh says that it is not Button, but Hamilton who is "One of the Greatest" drivers of all time.
Doesn't make sense to a logical person.
Someone help.

JeffS86

January 30, 2012 5:39 AM

Angelina,

I don't think I was disrespectful towards Mozartist, and if I were I imagine he'd call me out on it. However, I'll preempt that by saying this.

Mozartist, sorry if I was disrespectful in anyway. If so it was certainly not intentional.

Jeff

CHIS - Unregistered

January 30, 2012 5:44 AM

cmon on! Lh need defense from chief? what a bunch of crap!..of cos mclaren wouldnt admit he's a lously and screwy driver otherwise why do they pay him his millions to drive for mclaren anyway..and they wouldnt admit that no other teams would take Lh in..cos of his aggressive driving style and causes more collisions and more money for repair works and more work for pit teams..just look at his drving styler for the past 2 seasons..same carp style drving..

JeffS86

January 30, 2012 5:51 AM

Angelina,

Your statistics on the fastest laps were off. According to the Formula1 website, the fastest lap statistics are as follows.

Massa - 2 races with fastest lap
Webber - 7 races with fastest lap
Hamilton - 3 races with fastest lap
Button - 3 races with fastest lap
Vettel - 3 races with fastest lap
Alonso - 1 race with fastest lap

3 fastest laps for Ferrari
6 for McLaren
10 for Red Bull

Like I said, I don't think fastest race lap is really a good stat to base the pace of the car on largely due to the degradation of the Pirelli tires. In my opinion these statistics support my argument.

Jeff

Mozartist

January 30, 2012 7:55 AM

@ JeffS86
No apologies are warrented, bro. You are always proper in your posts and I read them with interest. And you are absolutely right about me getting back to you if it had been required. So, please don't let anyone in here dictate or influence your welcome interventions.
Particularly from somebody with a female name who is, in my opinion, likely to be a he. If anything, "she's" the one who should owe me an apology for repeatedly typing my name wrong. That is, if I really cared about anything "she" writes in here which is mostly done in a questionable english. And I don't.
"She" owes you an apology more than to me, I assure you. Peace.

Mo :)

Sacher - Unregistered

January 30, 2012 8:42 AM

Although I recognise Lewis' talent as driver, I've never liked him so much (in 2007 he was very much favoured by FIA) and after last season I like him even less, but I suppose you British are all for Lewis.
I prefer Button and Vettel, both as drivers and people. And the Sutil case has sunk Hamilton even low in my opinion, because he has shown that his career his more important than his so-called "friends" (Sutil being the one and only, as I've heard).
So, when someone instead of Vettel should win the 2012 championship, I hope it's Button or Webber, not Lewis.

fish fingers - Unregistered

January 30, 2012 9:29 AM

Hamilton shd fight fire with fire and then not back down when Mclaren's PR poo their pants. When a young Kate Moss used to get slagged off she just retorted they were "fat and jealous". that shut them up

« 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21  »