F1 » McLaren chief leaps to Hamilton defence

Martin Whitmarsh defends Lewis Hamilton after being questioned if he had 'had a word' with his driver over the off-season

richard

January 28, 2012 6:16 PM

shreiker. pray, how can you "deteriorate" someones worth?.

rob. since when did martin whitmarsh drive a mclaren?

jackbee. someone called lulu, captain calamity, so as button is considered slower than lulu, and both drivers are said to be joint number ones (ha ha ha), i pinched james may title for button

now jackbee= jb ?????

Nigs

January 28, 2012 6:23 PM

I thought Lulu was a diminutive Scottish singer from the sixties. Maybe McLaren will have more hope next year if they bring her into the driver line-up alongside Jenson B.

JACKBEE

January 28, 2012 7:12 PM

Yea got it!..sorry richard bit thick tonight, been busy today, was held hostage by a mad woman - yes really! who stood in front of the door screaming at me and wouldn't let me out of her flat because I couldn't fix her problem. Only let me out when I dialled 999.
Anyway, Captain Slow?

BOSSMAN1 - Unregistered

January 28, 2012 7:33 PM

Cut him some slack, I'm not sure any you you lots that are commenting can drive a f1 car one corner without crashing at the first corner! sure he had a bad season you have to go through the bad times at times.

I think he will come back strong this season

Mozartist

January 28, 2012 7:37 PM

What MW says here is for legal reasons, people. He's just covering his and Macca's butts against any attacks from lulu when they sack him. And they will sack his lame butt probably before the end of the season, and certainly before 2013.
And when that happens it is guaranteed that lulu will throw the race card at them and sue the team and MW for kicking him out. This is a no brainer my friends. Expect a lot more sugar coating and defending lulu in the coming weeks from McLaren and staff.
Needless to say lulu's days in F1 are counted, in my honest opinion. On the bright side, he might team up with another one hit wonder (JV) and start a duo of the recording art.

Mo :)

BOSSMAN1 - Unregistered

January 28, 2012 7:48 PM

@Mozartist I hight Doubt that IMHO as Lewis is probably good enough to keep his seat, And if you say that Lewis was a 1 hit wonder what about the people that only one one title (expect mansell and some others) would you say that all of them were one hit wonders?

I wonder how people will react if JB has a season like this in the Macca? :)

JACKBEE

January 28, 2012 7:51 PM

Mozartist...thats probably a bit strong.
If MacLaren were to sack him ignominiously that would reflect badly on their judgement having nutured LH virtually from the cradle. Admitting they're wrong is not something large organisations are happy doing.

« 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11  »