F1 » McLaren chief leaps to Hamilton defence

Martin Whitmarsh defends Lewis Hamilton after being questioned if he had 'had a word' with his driver over the off-season

Taipan

January 28, 2012 10:17 PM

Mozartist, I like your style! :)

Jayne, It is true that there are 2 types of F1 fan at the moment, the first type may support Ferrari or McLaren, or Webber or Alonso etc, but first and foremost they support F1.
Then you have the other type, the Fanboys! clueless in every aspect but smitten by their unrequited love for the "great under achiever" I would have thought that after 5 years even they would have realised that he wasn't quite up to the standard that they hoped. Give it another couple of years and maybe they'll see the light, It's a long shot but I live in hope!

Jayne - Unregistered

January 28, 2012 10:24 PM

Taipan
How optimistic you are!
Fanboys will latch themselves onto the next media/commercial "sensation"!
I expect like me you are counting down to race 1 and will watch/read/listen to as much F1 that life allows.

JeffS86

January 28, 2012 11:14 PM

Richard,

I have to disagree with you in regards to Hamilton "having a car capable of winning the WDC championship."

For anyone other than Vettel, including Lewis, to have had a shot at the WDC, Red Bull would have needed to show some of the reliability problems they had in 2010 or made massive missteps. Vettel won 11 of the 19 grands prix which is quite an accomplishment, but possibly even more important was that he only finished off the podium twice (4th place in Germany and the retirement in Abu Dhabi).

JeffS86

January 28, 2012 11:22 PM

Mozartist,

It is entirely possible that I am not remembering correctly, but did you not in an earlier thread say that you are a truck driver living in Canada? I ask because I'm curious as to where your knowledge regarding the contract status and internal mindset of McLaren regarding the renewal of Hamilton's contract is coming from.

Angelina - Unregistered

January 28, 2012 11:48 PM

@Mozarist,Jayne
I was refering to
"he only made the history books by 1 point."

History to b youngest WDC was rewritten after 2 years.

To b 2007 WDC is not a remarkable histoy.

@Jeffs86
B respectful to other posters.
BTW 2011 Macca was a WDC winning as Richard has mentioned earlier. If not for Vettel, there would b a Macca champion who is not super fast n is a bad qualifier. I don't know where u get that RBR was faster than Macca. Macca wasn't maximised.

JeffS86

January 28, 2012 11:57 PM

Angelina,

Not sure who I was disrespectful to, unless having a difference of opinion is considered disrespectful. Everything I said in regards to Richard was polite and in no way a personal attack. As far as mozartist goes I simply asked a question. No degrading remarks in either post, so I'm not really sure where you're coming from. I really don't think either of them have a problem with me having a different opinion or asking where their information is coming from.

As far the Red Bull being faster.... 15/19 poles to Vettel, 3/19 to Webber, 1/19 to Hamilton. Vettel was able to quickly pull out the gap and negate DRS by the time it was active on many occasions. The RBR car also took 10/19 fastest laps but this isn't a great stat for comparison because of the increased tire wear on the Pirelli tires

« 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13  »