F1 » Brundle: Sky will get the audience – and I'll be better too!

Martin Brundle: I had to force being the lead commentator, whereas I don't have to force being co-comm.

Daniel - Unregistered

February 29, 2012 10:02 AM

ill be watching BBC forget buying Sky HD if you buy Sky Sports F1 you have to get an HD TV etc not saying i dont wont to get an HD TV i just see HD as a waste of money when i can watch 10 free races on BBC and wtahc the rest on streams :P

miked - Unregistered

February 29, 2012 10:36 AM

HD is totally worth it! Last year looked incredible on HD. Regardless of who you watch the races with, HD just takes F1 to a whole new level of gorgeous. I'm sure many people will agree with me on this one.

Guern - Unregistered

February 29, 2012 10:45 AM

Sounds to me that Brundle is worried tat he will be commentating to 4 or 5 Sky viewers only
I for one will not be paying for Sky Tv
I have been to the local BQ and for 40 pounds brought a free to air satellite system and set it up on Hotbird works a treat

Caroline - Unregistered

February 29, 2012 11:10 AM

Sky are claiming they will get 1.34 million viewers for the race coverage, 1.2 million for qualifying and even 370,000 for free practice sessions ... I doubt it, the figures will make interesting reading, and with so many repeats on Sky F1, some shows will undoubtedly get zero viewers.

Of course Sky (or more accurately the teams) need to see a minimum of 1.1 million 'unique' viewers per exclusive live race to stop the sponsors AVE rating going into the negative.

sly sports con - Unregistered

February 29, 2012 11:19 AM

grid walk dust up between sky and bbc?. im sure that behind the scenes they will make a pact and be in different places on the grid. Bit like the treachery that originated the new deal.

Snail

February 29, 2012 11:53 AM

I for one will be glad to see the back of Martin Brundle.His embarrassing pit walks,his using the words "The Grand Prix" all through the race and toddler talk. I.e. "two time winner" instead of "double winner" really used to annoy me. I know that I'm nit picking but it's the small thing which seperate a pro commentary from an amateur one.

David Winstanley - Unregistered

February 29, 2012 11:56 AM

To be perfectly honest, the whole thing that bothers me about all SKY SPORTS coverage is all the bull**** that surrounds it. SO MUCH CHAT - for example, before every football match there's an hour of chat, and after every football match, there's an hour of chat. With F1, Brundlebum is saying they will be on air for 14 hours. That's about 9 hours of watching people talking about it and 5 hours of people actually doing it by my reckoning.

And I know that you don't have to watch all this, and I won't, but it just baffles me that SKY seem to think that watching people talk about any sport, in any way adds to the spectacle rather than just filling up air-time.

ja - Unregistered

February 29, 2012 12:02 PM

so what if you have normal sky tv does that mean that you are still out of the loop and that you will have to upgrade to sky HD ??????, i myself am a motorbike lover i used to be an F1 fan but that was many moons ago now, its on the way out the rules and the cars are aweful sky may have HD but you can't polish a terd.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7  »