F1 » Brundle: Sky will get the audience – and I'll be better too!

Martin Brundle: I had to force being the lead commentator, whereas I don't have to force being co-comm.

Roger - Unregistered

February 29, 2012 12:06 PM

I already have Sky HD however I dont have sky sports and cant justify the extra cost for it either. I will just watch BBC "without adds" and watch the highlights for the races that are not live. I usually only watch recorded versions of the races anyway and skip the first ~60 minutes of drivel to get to the start of the race! 14 hours worth would just be a waste of time. I would fast froward through most of it anyway!

Vince Spangenberg - Unregistered

February 29, 2012 12:15 PM

I am not impressed that the Beeb has in fact 'sold-out to Sky. I believe that many avid fans (myself included) will not be able to afford the extra cost with having to watch the races live and as such will have to watch the extended highlights on BBC1. Not ideal - but apart from the licence fee (which is expensive enough, don't get me started!), is free! Martin Brundle has moved on because of the huge alledged pay rise, which is a shame, as I thought he was pretty good... I sincerely hope that the coverage on Sky is the damp squib that it deserves to be and that true fans will not tolerate the blackmail to have to fork out to watch their favourite sport! I love F1 - but this takes the biscuit... I have it on good authority that more people will be tuning into ITV4 on Sundays to watch the British Touring Car coverage! More exciting, better coverage and totally free!!

Chris - Unregistered

February 29, 2012 12:29 PM

As soon as James Allen was mentioned as joining the BBC, then that was the final nail in the coffin. As much as I enjoyed the BBC coverage, I'll be checking out the Sky coverage, I'm not one to slate the coverage of a channel before its even started broadcasting. Lucky for me, the F1 channel is available on Virgin Media.

selnor - Unregistered

February 29, 2012 12:41 PM

Me and my f1 mates (5) have all bought the sky f1 hd package through virgin. I believe sky will get over 1 mill viewers per race. It sucks I pay more. But I love the sport and can't live without. I haven't missed a go for 11 years. =)

Texas Roadhouse

February 29, 2012 1:12 PM

In respect of Sky's 15 hours per weekend - yeah there'll be talk talk talk - just like US sports where nothing much happens (basebore, basketbore Am. footbore). ESPN at any time have got "experts" over analysing statistics - cos that's all they have - stats - there's no action as such to report. Sounds like F1 in the UK could be going the same way.

Penske666 - Unregistered

February 29, 2012 1:20 PM

The way F1 is going in this country no-one will be watching it in 2013. I'm not paying out lots of money just to watch another Vettel win so will just watch it on the Beeb this year and abandon f1 next year to watch BTCC (much better races anyway)

Antony - Unregistered

February 29, 2012 1:44 PM

I didn't think I could ever lose my respect for Martin, but his pathetic back-slapping since joining Sky Sports has done it. He is just as pathetic as the rest of the Sky Sports drones.

I just hope he enjoys his "new features" being seen by less than 1 million viewers.

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 7  »