F1 » Brundle: Sky will get the audience – and I'll be better too!

Martin Brundle: I had to force being the lead commentator, whereas I don't have to force being co-comm.

nick - Unregistered

February 29, 2012 4:24 PM

when it was first announced i was up in arms about it.
and adament i wasnt going to upgrade.but the nearer its got the more excited ive become.and ive made the plunge and upgraded...and i will not miss haveing to see and listen to all the ****e that comes from eddy jordens gob...and the extra money ive forked out his well worth it. when i think of what ive listened to from him since he joined bbc...he reminds me of a punch drunk boxer.

John Grant - Unregistered

February 29, 2012 4:28 PM

I will miss you Martin but not enough to pay Sky for their coverage - Its all a bit like blackmail what is Bernie going to do when the viewing numbers drop and the advertising revenue goes with it, hope you have not burnt your bridges with the real TV stations

poppop81 - Unregistered

February 29, 2012 4:37 PM

Will be interesting to see the viewing numbers on the 1st race the season that both SKY & BBC cover live.

And the number that watch the race on the BBC on their HD channel against the sky hd

f1confused - Unregistered

February 29, 2012 4:58 PM

Wonder why people think getting a dish for the RTL coverage and its million ad breaks during the race is better than just watching the reduced BBC1 effort?
sticking it to the man I suppose lol

Antony - Unregistered

February 29, 2012 5:07 PM

f1confused - Because you are not paying a lot of money just to get to get what is still a Sky Sports channel.

Foreign satellite = no monthly fee which will go up in September anyway.

F1shouldntbeonsky - Unregistered

February 29, 2012 5:12 PM

I didnt want Brundle to move as I felt as lead at the BEEP he was excellent, he has to big up Sky as they are paying him a huge sum of money. However recently I am begining to lose the respect I had for him. As for the massive talk of just over 1 Million viewers the BEEP beat that on a regular basis. Jake and Co with Ben E and DC everytime, pity the BEEP are not showing Qual Highlghts on the non live race weekends.

doris nutscrubber - Unregistered

February 29, 2012 6:25 PM

@f1confused

Usually when the ad breaks come on you flick the sat over from rtl germany to rtl austria they don't usually have advert breaks at the same time,so you miss nothing.

i don't know if they do the same now as rtl did years ago,then when they had live sport on they left the sport programme showing in a small picture in one of the corners of the screen whilst they showed the adverts.

Either way you get to see all the race live and your not paying murdoch a penny.

Artov

February 29, 2012 6:30 PM

Brundle is becoming the voice of F1. It is no surprise he continues to present for the primary TV coverage company. He didn't sell the rights, BBC did. That makes the BBC the culprit not Brundle.

The big error Sky have made is hiring Steve Rider- he was crap with ITV and has no credence whatsoever.

jncampb70@hotmail.com - Unregistered

March 01, 2012 1:13 AM

Im sticking with BBC I am amazed the grey haired pixie never created/hired his own production company and put F1TV on freeview. Huge viewing figures and control over advertising and exclusive content.
Guess he's out of touch or just wanted the easy cash.
I liked Brundle apart from the grid walks that I find cringeworthy, I dont blame him for following the money, he probably didnt want half a job at the Beeb.

Wonder if he enjoys Crofty with his constant "it has to be said"

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 7  »