F1 » Kubica unable to pick up a glass to drink - reports

Jaime Alguersuari: I think his injuries are more than expected...

Liam48

March 09, 2012 2:05 AM

@5iveofNnn I'm sorry to hear about your illness but I admire your determination to live a normal life. I sincerely hope that you will be able to walk again.

I think if Kubica comes back he will not be the same driver he was... Massa is the example. I also look at James Toseland in World Superbikes... he injured his arm last season, not as severely but he never recovered the full movement in it again so he had to retire early that's the worry I have with Kubica... his arm might heal but will it regain full movement so he can compete in F1 again?!

EnRiCo47

March 09, 2012 4:14 AM

@@ knowledge!!!

My point again is proven.
Even the knowledge of the most avid Crashnet follower is just a second hand knowledge which can be proven incorrect at any time.

The only truth is known by people who are there.

Remember the truth about Senna accident??

Same here, some people thought Kubica could just come back and given the right car challenge for the title.

I really wished they were right, but has anybody seen victims of industrial accidents or shark attacks (he had the arm nearly severed).

The truth is only with people who live the events,not the truth fed to the media and in turn to the public, meaning us,we just gossip and some like to confabulate more than others.

Maybe GOD is telling him, stop, have kids and a happy long life,i spared you twice already.

VLG - Unregistered

March 09, 2012 4:40 AM

Jose,

I realise it is probably a little early to rate Grosjean. However, he was unimpressive in 2009, showed rare flashes of speed but was over his head in terms of competition. Admittedly, he is a better driver now than then, and will be in a better car. But I still rate Kubica as a better driver, so if he were 100% I see him and Raikkonen as somewhat of a dream time, akin to Alonso and Vettel for example.

I wasn't trying to take anything away from Grosjean, just think Kubica is better. Especially since Grosjean is still technically a rookie.

LJ - Unregistered

March 09, 2012 7:25 AM

Really poor judgement from Jaimie here. If he truly has the inside scoop he obviously does not consider Kubica a friend. Because this could really hurt him even have a chance of being evaluated by F1 teams when the time comes.

Just looks like Jaimie is trying to secure his role as pundit by bringing in some juicy information :-/.

Winger - Unregistered

March 09, 2012 10:39 AM

I'm not sure what human can have his insides ripped out and live. And I am not sure how many F1 fans read that, that's what happened. What planet are these people from that thinks someone can suffer such injuries and 'be back in 2011'.. or 2012 or ever? I follow many racing disciplines and F1 fans are the most plentiful and hence the most oblivious to what can happen to someone racing. He is lucky to be alive and F1 fans just want to argue over how soon they can throw him back in the seat as if it is all a fantasy. Because it is to most F1 fans. Notice he has not said anything? Except for his concern for losing his seat, he has said NOTHING. Don't be surprised if the reason we have not heard anything is cause the only thing he has to say is that his F1 career is over. I have followed F1 for 12 years and the common denominator is 'its a tough sport, if your not up to it then you are out and no hard feelings'. Should he retire, it will be 'awww sorry to hear that, whens the next race?' N

Winger - Unregistered

March 09, 2012 10:41 AM

...Nobody really cares about anybody in F1. It is all about glory. And I noticed the majority have never even paid an entry fee to race ANYTHING EVER. Yeah I am gonna get hammered for this post, but I know F1 fans. Once RK is out, the focus will be the next race. Not whether he can pick up a glass. F1 fans seem to like the no holes barred mentality of F1, yet, are gonna hate me for a no holes barred post. If I was a team principle saying this, F1 fans would go.. 'oooo yeah yep that's how it is'. But cause I am just a fan, I will get hammered. But I don't care. This guy is lucky to be alive much less driving. I hope he comes back, but his silence is speaking volumes. And if he does not come back, then he exited just like the majority of racers exit any racing discipline. Due to a disabilitating crash. Because F1 will barely shed a tear, neither will the fans. Sadly, they are just that way. He will be mostly forgotten after 2 races, and almost totally forgotten by this time next year. To

« 1 2 3 4 5 6  »