F1 » Rossi secures Caterham test role

Alexander Rossi secures an F1 test role with Caterham for the 2012 season

jose - Unregistered

March 09, 2012 2:20 PM

"Rossi secures Caterham test role"

My ticker shipped a beat, Fantastic the two wheel aficionado
has crossed the barricade, welcome to F1. I then scanned the article, Alexander, a young four wheel hot foot, Friday driver.
Not Valentino, "Hood Winked" by Crash, again.
Yes, confused that I is..

Old Jose

jose - Unregistered

March 09, 2012 3:09 PM

I was just thinking this may be a back door move to
remove Massa.
Rossi get some track time with Caterham. Come 2013
Ferrari has a new driver Valentino Rossi..
Fooled that I Was..

Jose

JeffS86

March 09, 2012 5:26 PM

I've seen Rossi's name mentioned in the odd article here and there throughout the last year, and I remember Richard mentioned him in the comments section on the "Why are there no American drivers in F1" a while back.

I knew there was an association between Alexander Rossi and Caterham, so I wasn't confused by the title and I'm looking forward to seeing A. Rossi turn some laps on Fridays throughout the year. As an American, I'm excited to see an American driver associated with an F1 team again. The team now known as Caterham has been my favorite of the three new teams, and this only serves to reinforce that feeling. Hopefully Rossi does well and gets a race seat in a year or two.

richard

March 09, 2012 7:08 PM

i wasnt fooled by the title, as i am 100% sure that valentino will never be in an f1 team. he is far too old to be trying to take up a new discipline, and as far as i know, he has stated that he will go rallying when he retires from bikes. in fact, he has already gotten some good results!

jeff. well remembered, of the americans, he is the only driver that stands out at the moment. but i think he should have been signed by a team further up the grid. pity he is not a red bull protege.

JeffS86

March 09, 2012 7:37 PM

I know Rossi did well in the Formula BMW Americas series in 2008, but I've not seen anything from GP3 or GP2 or FR3.5.

Richard, It'd be nice to see him as driver for one of the teams further up the grid, but as far as the three new teams go I think this has to be the best launching point for a young driver. Caterham looks to be serious about improving.

jose - Unregistered

March 09, 2012 10:17 PM

@ Tifos,
what I wondered about the name "Scott Speed"
Little misleading that it is...He had little speed..
Methinks that dude was right out of Hollywood.
He is here (US) driving NASCAR. Little has changed