F1 » Grosjean: Today like a dream come true

Romain Grosjean: Very few people still had faith in me after my first life in F1, but we've all worked very hard to start a new adventure and I'm very happy to be able to put a great performance in right from the start of the season.

jose - Unregistered

March 17, 2012 1:11 PM

Looks like Boullier was spot on with his new line up. Lotus
may be a power to contend with.
Mr. Grosjean be proud my man, looks like we have a new
Hotfoot. I must admit is was way off base here, misjudgement
on my part. Look at the grid Romain just 'thumped' the rest..
Really Fantastic!

Jose

Rationalist - Unregistered

March 17, 2012 1:13 PM

On the story "Raikkonen ready for midfield fight" 48 days ago, I posted this comment:
---
"If Kimi can keep up with Grosjean he'll be doing well. That's an interesting match-up, one of the most over-rated drivers against one of the most under-rated."
---
I got 10 times as many disagrees as agrees. Today was the start of my vindication. Forget the past--in 2012 Grosjean is a better racing driver than Kimi.

Dangerous_Dave - Unregistered

March 17, 2012 2:09 PM

Excellent result from Grosjean. Hopefully this form will continue. The English, Germans and Spanish have vall had countrymen to back in recent years and it'll be nice for the French to have a genuine contender to support again too.

jose - Unregistered

March 17, 2012 2:57 PM

Rationalist,
are you for real..Kimi had some tech problems doing
Qualifying. Are you really saying that Grosjean will out pace Kimi.

Go Fish

Jose

rjbetty - Unregistered

March 17, 2012 5:21 PM

Hey rationalist, well done! Looks like we were two of the few who gave Romain enough credit to predict that he would lead the way for Lotus - at least at first.

As for Kimi, he is mega fast and one of the best, but I totally DON'T rate him quite up with Alonso, Vettel, Senna, Clark etc. Check out how he struggled against Massa at Ferrari. Would Senna have? I think he's brilliant, but not on the level that most seem to say he is (i.e. walking in and walking over Grosjean)

Well done Romain - and rationalist.

ghog

March 17, 2012 6:30 PM

Wow what a qualifiing session!

It was a job to keep up with what what going on.

Can't recall seeing such a happy guy in the Top 3 - well done RG! I hope you have a great race and get a good result on Sunday also.

1 2  »