F1 » Vettel: Second most we could have achieved

Sebastian Vettel: I'm very happy to come away with second place, it's a lot of points and I think people would not have expected it after yesterday.

sokudo - Unregistered

March 18, 2012 1:04 PM

He did somewhat mug Hamilton of second spot but he did a very good job nonetheless and he wasn't exactly being left by Hamilton. In fact he had caught up to him. Also, should be seeing less and less doubters of his race craft. I also questioned what would happen if things aren't completely going right i.e. not the fastest car that's in a battle with others. While I haven't quite seen what happens with a not-so-great car, his overtake on Rosberg was first class so his overtaking now I don't think can be questioned. Now I'd like to know what happens when the car isn't the fastest (the Bull's race pace was every bit as good as Macca once the tyres were warm). I don't doubt his abilities but I wonder whether he has grown to rely on the car or whether he truly is such a phenomenal talent. Hopefully we see soon what the case is.

Ivan - Unregistered

March 18, 2012 1:28 PM

Would people just get over the idea of Red Bull messing with Webber's starts? Doesn't even make sense to do so on the opening race, so thinking that it's possible is a child's thinking behaviour.

From my perspective though, Sebastian did a pretty solid job of turning his 6th place starting grid into a 2nd placed podium position. There will always be doubters, no matter what he does or what grid positions he ended up in. Every F1 driver has that issue with online comments anyway.

Tealeaf - Unregistered

March 18, 2012 2:01 PM

I take it you haven't seen Vettel in a Torro Rosso then? Performances were phenomenal, I remember pole to win at Monza 2008, overtaking and beating Sham at Brazil 2008, a great 4th place in China 2007, unlucky at Fuji 2007 where he was on course for at least a podium, so yeah Vettel is a class act and the best driver in F1, now again he's proved he's better than sham in a slower car.

spaghettieddie

March 18, 2012 2:43 PM

Well done to Seb and of course to Button. Vettel can drive, PERIOD. Anyone who questions that is obviously
wacked out on something or just plain dumb. Whats up with Hammi though, he continues to amaze me with that attitude. His poor girlfriend must hate when he does not win, imagine having to deal with that? Jeeez! :) Be well! Ed

Pole Position - Unregistered

March 18, 2012 2:47 PM

@ Tealeaf I have a question why do u people (hamilton haters) always use Lewis as a measuring stick for other drivers? I mean Hamilton is good, but he's not even the best driver in F1. I would have to give those honors to Alonso. So, if your going to make comparisons I would use the driver that's considered by many as the best. U guys are obsessed with Lewis. It's really kinda comical and unhealthy!

Taipan

March 18, 2012 3:44 PM

A quick question for the fanboys......

As you Formula One luminaries were telling us yesterday, the McLaren is faster, Vettel can't race, the RB8 is crap and Lulu is the quickest driver in the World. So could you be good enough to explain given the above "facts" how Vettel can start in 6th with Lulu on pole and he can finish 2nd with Lulu 3rd? It just doesn't make any sense does it?

HAHAHAHA!

Tealeaf - Unregistered

March 18, 2012 3:57 PM

Well I know Alonso is better than Lewser Shamilton I keep saying that, I just want to understand why the Sham lovers are so deluded, it's obvious that Seb and Nando are the 2 best drivers in F1 followed by Button and Kobayashi, today PROVED yet again Vettel can race and can still beat the Sham whilst driving a slower car, those are facts, Sham might win the title but only if the Redbull doesn't speed up.

Pole Position - Unregistered

March 18, 2012 3:58 PM

I will make this very clear FERNANDO ALONSO is the best driver in F1. U can have Vettel, Hamilton, and Button. What he did with that piece of junk (car) was outstanding! I only wish Ferrari can provide this man with a good car!

1 2 3  »