F1 » Don't miss Malaysian action on Sky Sports F1 HD

Don't miss a moment of the action from Sepang with Sky Sports F1 HD

BT Fields - Unregistered

March 20, 2012 4:41 PM

If SKY is supposed to be the best ever then, in my opinion, they have a long way to go to come near the BBC. I have just watched quali from Australia via a down load that a friend here in the US was able to find. I'm sorry but I'll take Jake, EJ and DC over the dead fish Sky has. At least I learn something when the Beeb boys ask questions. Brundle will always be ok with me,he has been there, but his partner is a screaming fool. The interactive board with Ant and the girl is useless and needs to go away. But what really pissed me off was the press conference after quali. Of course we heard from the Mc boys but I wanted to hear what Grosjean had to say , his joy was unmistakeable, and instesd we got Whitmarsh on how wonderful his guys were. Has not the director ever heard of tape? Give me EJ, at least he has fun.

BuckBundy

March 20, 2012 5:59 PM

I think David Croft needs reminding he isn't on radio anymore and his audience can actually see what is going on, then he might shut up occasionally! MB was fine, but it did make me realise that DC and MB were actually a pretty good pairing.

I reckon Georgie Thompson was only there to make Ant Davidson look taller.

richard

March 20, 2012 6:23 PM

buck. croft was ok. maybe a little frenetic, but trying to sound like muddy talker. yeah, he fouled up once or twice, but wasnt too bad.
but i couldnt understand why the cameras at one stage, turned on to damon who was standing with a sour face, saying nothing.

An appraisal - Unregistered

March 20, 2012 6:45 PM

I watched BOTH SKY and BBC's coverage.

Aside from Brundle, Sky coverage was weak. Damon is a good guy but doesnt add much, Ant is okay, the rest are just poor. The dedicated channel, outside of qualy and the race, is just simply repeats of FP 1/2 and repeats of 'F1 all time greats'.

The only reason why you'd pay for SKY is for the live coverage, the dedicated channel and added shows are not worth it.

The BBC coverage has style, quality, and more than anything, it has real character. The people clearly care about the sport, and its fun. Sky is dead beat in my opinion.

Droog - Unregistered

March 20, 2012 7:25 PM

Watched BBC for Qually and Sky for the race, and apart from the mind-numbingly boring commercials on Sky, I think that they won. All the best of the Beebs coverage team went over, although I missed that fine Irish lass. I thought that DC was more annoying than ever and Ben Edwards too frantic. Having said that Crofty was a little over the top but was muted somewhat by MB's professional offering. I actually liked Lazenby and even Damon, although I thought that I wouldn't. once Damon loosens up a bit and actually says what he's thinking and not what he thinks he SHOULD say, he may be very good. Lenny's brother Ted did a great job as usual, and AntD was better at technical analysis than colour commentary.
Sky 1
BBC 0

Liam48

March 20, 2012 7:35 PM

I watched both the SKY and BBC coverage and although the BBC wasn't live they were miles better than SKY! You can't beat the presenting team of Jake Humphrey, David Coulthard and Eddie Jordan, they are all entertaining, down-to-earth and damn good at what they do. They try hard to show the human aspect of Formula 1 and don't miss a thing. Now they have Ben Edwards in the commentary box who is passionate and was faultless compared to David Croft on Sunday they are hands down much better than SKY!!!

Alex Robinson - Unregistered

March 20, 2012 8:34 PM

You are joking aren't you Droog?

How the hell did Sky 'Win', You threw any grounds for an argument away when you said you thought Lazenby and Hill were good. Lazenby had no idea who he was talking to, what he was talking to them about and look generally confused. Hill just stood around looking moody and camp..and I really didn't know where to look when he was telling Martin Whitmarsh that his shuffle stops were MADNESS. Yes Damon, they were clearly out of their minds...when they attempted that, and would have led to a 1-2 win had it not been for the safety car.

The first 5 minutes of BBC quali, urinated all over sky's entire weekend. The Bob Dylan homage was leagues ahead of anything Sky produced all weekend. I mean what was the thing with Brundle in last years ferrari? Not an interview, not an insight..just him playing with no point.

Also supplying your advertisers with a fifth of the audience you promised is a definite fail.

So