F1 » Malaysian Grand Prix, Sepang - Qualifying times

Lewis Hamilton heads another McLaren 1-2 in qualifying for the Malaysian Grand Prix.

107SS2009

March 24, 2012 2:01 PM

Dee, yes I am sure that was what Richard meant (medium).
As it stand at the time (after the first race) Vettel has beaten his team mate regardless who was faster here and there, same goes for Button and Lulu.

richard

March 24, 2012 2:04 PM

dee. sunny has it right. the tyres are actually called medium softs, but i just referred to them as softs, being softest option. and the earlier time doesnt matter as it is the FINAL time that matters

Dee - Unregistered

March 24, 2012 2:47 PM

That comment about the tyres not being soft wasn't by me - it was someone calling themselves "Dees friend". I'd actually called them soft as well, so I'm in the same boat as you on this one.

As for the times, yes, the final time does matter, hence my comment about Vettel being 0-2 down this season after setting a qualifying record last season. I get the feeling there's been a misunderstanding somewhere here and we're going around in circles a bit.

Angelina - Unregistered

March 24, 2012 3:24 PM

therapist
U better focus on my teeth. U still have some work 2 do. Don't wait 4 d insurance 2 spoil my teeth.

Vettel court jester?
He beat pole sitter, faster hamilton in d race in melbourne.

wup - Unregistered

March 24, 2012 5:12 PM

I'm really happy they've ditched blown diffusers. F1 feels like a completely different sport. The cars look like the move better with the new tires, and (maybe?) smaller fuel cells. The sound has improved as well.

I think the blown diffusers would make any difference so I'm pleasantly surprised for the first time in a long time.

me - Unregistered

March 24, 2012 6:13 PM

i don't get what is all the fuss about schumacher, we know that he has good starts and mercedes can make a fast qualy lap but we also know that mercedes at this stage kills tyres and nico had big problems last week now here the problem should be even bigger because of the heat, unless it rains. i seriously doubt that there are new bits on that car to fix that so by the time this race will be over i see no mercedes in top 5, only if many will retire from this pack 2 bulls 2 mclarens 2 lotus take your pick

richard

March 24, 2012 6:32 PM

me. probably right. and throw in the fact that the drs that gives merc the edge in quali, cannot be used to the same effect in the race. it seems as if it is the extra aero load of having a closed drs, is what is destroying the mercs tyres. still, it must make the daimler ag, happy for a few seconds.

« 1 2 3 4  »