F1 » Perez: We have to keep pushing

Sergio Perez says Sauber has to keep improving despite his fine podium at Sepang

Hairpin

March 27, 2012 4:28 PM

Getting a bit carried away after a rain affected result I think. Well done for taking the opportunity but unless other freak chances arise I doubt there will be any more podiums this year.

Capi

March 27, 2012 5:05 PM

@Hairpin

I agree with you. Last year Petrov was on the podium in China, it never happened again. I like Perez and I think he will be a good racer in future but as the season progresses, the big boys will our do him.

Chop Chop - Unregistered

March 27, 2012 5:26 PM

One podium finished in such as circumstance does not make any sense to me.
Alonso said the win in Malaysia does not change anything.
You need to wait and see for whole season and decide the team, the cars and drivers consistency.

DGAS - Unregistered

March 27, 2012 6:41 PM

Well done Perez and also the whole Sauber team. They gave him the best car in the field on Sunday and he was by a far the fastest on the track. Can they do it again? I really hope so. They deserve it.

jose - Unregistered

March 27, 2012 9:34 PM

A very nice run, Thumbs up, I hope you can "Play it again Sam"
and send a strong message to the top 5, Kimi already has.
Man you were quick and didn't play that game of car tag
in the wet. Pedro Rodriguez would be proud.
Bravo mi amigo,

Old, Jose

Poor_Koba - Unregistered

March 28, 2012 6:14 AM

Kudos to Perez.

Poor Kobayashi, though. Faded off into the background. I suppose, at the end of the day, talent is the most crucial thing. Weren't people linking him to Ferrari not too long ago? Now even Peter Sauber does not acknowledge him.

Rafael Castilla

April 01, 2012 5:50 PM

Checo is being well couched since his GP2 days. Of course Peter Sauber did not want to see in Checo a second rookie blow it few laps from glory. We don't Know what the story was in the radio exchanges before 'we need the points', therefore all the speculation. Checo, but mostly Sauber, need to show consistency going forward. I believe it will be there since Australia was a great run too. They have figured our the Pirelis since last season, so that is a great asset. This will be a great season.