F1 » Ferrari: We've been here before with Massa

Stefano Domenicali has recalled the last time Felipe Massa appeared to be out of form - and how the Brazilian bounced back to threaten for the world title.

mix - Unregistered

March 28, 2012 11:54 AM

I think a driver swap is on the cards.
Massa "home" to Sauber (at least he can clear his head)
Perez to Ferrari, who won't find it an easy task to match a strong 'Nando with the team support he has.

Oli - Unregistered

March 28, 2012 12:24 PM

Why do people think it would be a bad move for Perez to go to Ferrari against Alonso?

Don't get me wrong, Alonso is up there with the best in the world, and in fact one of the best in history. A double world champion.

But I also seem to recall Alonso having a fast young teammate before and ended up being beaten by him.....

Oli

blzbub

March 28, 2012 12:47 PM

Oli - on that occasion, the youngster landed in one of only two cars that stood a chance of victory. See instead Grosjean stepping into a dificult Renault, and consider the whereabouts of Fisichella after he (an experienced driver) jumped into a difficult F60.

cknopp - Unregistered

March 28, 2012 1:08 PM

I blame Rob Smedley.

If Felipe has one great weakness, itss trusting his engineer implicitly.

I don't think Rob has a firm grasp on strategy, tyre suggestions or knows how to motivate a driver.

Before canning Felipe, try running him with a new engineer for 3 races to see if it really is Felipe, or if its Smedley.

Nas - Unregistered

March 28, 2012 1:51 PM

The fact that they acknowledge having been there before and yet, continue to do nothing about it just shows how clueless a leader Domenicali is.

DontTalkNonsense

March 28, 2012 2:30 PM

Massa is gone. He will never win another race, will never get another podium. Ferrari are mad if they persist with him. They can wave goodbye any chance at the Constructors and quite possibly drivers titles. Like a losing footy team, you need to drop the underperforming players.
As I said elsewhere, they have a great academy driver in Perez.

jose - Unregistered

March 28, 2012 3:54 PM

Domenicali, something is very wrong here.
Massa, "all I want is the car I had in preseason" For reason
I really think Massa is now (Alonzo) Ferrari's test driver.
Something is very different about Massa's car.
Having the deep distrust I have for Domenicali, and the
honchos at Ferrari. I expect Massa to be traded off to Sauber
come Monaco. Nothing is true in the devious sport of
F1..Talking about Dogs with fleas, nasty business..

Badman, Jose