F1 » Haug rubbishes Hamilton to Mercedes rumours

Norbert Haug: Lewis was and is a Mercedes man, but there are no agreements or conversations in that direction.

dan - Unregistered

March 30, 2012 6:57 PM

Hamilton suit mclaren and vise versa,lewis you cant have the best car every single season but they do provide you with the 2nd best car or 3rd on a bad pre season,this year you have the best car so stay till you retire

JJ - Unregistered

March 30, 2012 9:33 PM

If I were lulu I would put all rumors to rest and be dedicated to McL. McL may not have provided him with the best car each season, but even in bad seasons for McL they still manage to win a few GPs. The fact that he has won GPs every season since stepping into F1 is more than most F1 drivers can say.

McL have proven to be consistently in the top 3 for almost the past 14-15 years. If any team I could race with for would be McL.

paul - Unregistered

March 30, 2012 11:23 PM

Some people have a lot to say about lewis but i said it all ready he will shut them all up when he wins the wdc 2012 what about vettel i said it was the car that
won him 2 wdc titles where is he now he has a bad car he will do nothing this year ????????

cknopp - Unregistered

March 30, 2012 11:31 PM

I would simply retire.

Live the rest of my life of of my bank account, my endorsements, and I would work on my golf game.

Is it just me, or isn't that the goal? To do well enough to retire young, and enjoy the rest of this short life?

Chuck - Unregistered

March 31, 2012 12:36 AM

That's Lewis' problem... he doesn't have much of a contract (contact?) left at McLaren, and despite Lewis' urging to renew, they haven't so far... leaving Lewis twisting in the wind, while other teams show no apparent interest in his situation. Lewis either has to have a phenomenal year, to make up for the the disappointment he has been to McLaren, both PR wise and professionally, or else...

Angelina - Unregistered

March 31, 2012 12:49 AM

He can race 4 lotus if not Mclaren.
But maybe he will continue with Mclaren. Is there any other option 4 them? But lewis n Mclaren shud watch out 4 Hulkenberg.

Liam48 - Unregistered

March 31, 2012 1:15 AM

@Angelina don't watch out for Hulkenberg... watch out for di Resta!

If Lewis jumps ship then I think di Resta might get the drive as he's a Mercedes protege! What a team that'll be... having two intelligent and good drivers and di Resta is fast!

« 1 2 3 4 5 6  »