F1 » Scheckter: Alonso a 'steady performer', not 'best of the bunch'

Fernando Alonso is not the best driver on the grid, says 1979 F1 world champion, Jody Scheckter.

richard

April 02, 2012 12:33 PM

jenny. if moss had said the same about alonso, the thread would be full of abuse about moss! probably more so than this particular thread. as you havent been following f1 for very long, may i suggest that you scroll back to find a story with the name "moss" in it. then you will see similar or worse comments!
scheckter, as far as i remember, dumped ferrari to go to walter wolf racing, who had their own car. never did much afterwards.
i mentioned before that his son went to indy, and was involved in a lot of controversial on course acts. he was either suspended or banned from racing.

GaniF1 - Unregistered

April 02, 2012 12:49 PM

Jody has no right to comment on the competitiveness of Alonso. Alonso is a double WDC and that too was against MS, the best driver in F1 history. Fernando is a complete F1 driver. Jody won only 1 WDC.

MikeG

April 02, 2012 1:12 PM

Richard, Just for the record Scheckter won the WDC in 1979 and retired at the end on 1980, after an uncompetitive year in the Ferrari. His spell with Walter Wolf Racing was before this.

R 25 - Unregistered

April 02, 2012 1:12 PM

Scheckter used to crash a lot, I wouldnt be surprised if his current favourite was none other than Looser Hamiltoff, they are in the same league. I think hes judging Fernando in the wrong way becasue he's the driver HE always wanted to be

Jenny - Unregistered

April 02, 2012 1:39 PM

@Richard don't ever say I haven't been following F1 for very long to me again. You don't know me or know when I started watching car racing! People have the right to voice their opinion, you could either support, argue or reject it what I say! And Yes Moss did lay into Lewis after the Canada crash and guess whose side people were on!

richard

April 02, 2012 1:47 PM

jenny. i said that a bit tongue in cheek, as you have made some weird comments recently, displaying a slight lack of f1 knowledge. yeah, i dont know who you are, but this is a forum and wild speculation and inaccurate comments can result in others correcting you, and i am certainly not alone in this!

Jenny - Unregistered

April 02, 2012 2:00 PM

@Richard!! If I knew it was Tongue and Cheek then I would have let it go, everyoNe needs some humour and something to Laugh at! But I thought you were serious! Am not that old but I started watching F1 in 1990 before I seriously got involved into the nitty gritty of a car or attending circuits

« 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13  »