F1 » FIA backs Bahrain to stage GP

Motorsport's governing body has said that the Bahrain Grand Prix should go ahead, despite calls for the event to be cancelled for a second straight season.

Somersetlemon - Unregistered

April 13, 2012 9:46 AM

Disgraceful. I will not be watching. Oh, I can't anyway!
Agree also re China, should not be there either. There are good arguments for promoting international sport in countries where reform is in progress, and where it can have a positive and stabilising effect (as I think cricket has at times in the past, also Rugby). There are no positive signs of reform in either of these regimes and by taking international sport there, we are just propping up the status quo

pitstops3

April 13, 2012 11:05 AM

Bernie says that everybody is happy about going there next week well as a fan i am not and i will stick to my word and not watch the race if it does go ahead,hopefully more fans will join me to give Bernie the message.

Frank (NL) - Unregistered

April 13, 2012 11:06 AM

Politics have no place on the starting grid. Period. Let racing commence!
Why could we race behind the Iron Curtain but not in Bahrain? I haven't the foggiest idea.
Stop the whining. Please.

Liam48

April 13, 2012 11:07 AM

I just watched a Sky Sports interview with Brnie and the woman asks if Bernie is going to be in Bahrain and he answered "what a stupid question, if you ask a stupid question you'll get a stupid answer" that man is a little troll. If he answered me like that, he would be going to Bahrain with a black eye.

Bernie's attitude is horrendous and I bet he doesn't go to Bahrain that's why he didn't answer instead wanted to be a d!ck!

Truth - Unregistered

April 13, 2012 11:23 AM

BTW for those who don't understand my last sentence... ' bet in few mins this post will be deleted by crash presstitute!' ... my last 4 comments have been censured here Crash simply deleted my comments which had no abusive wording neither infringed any rule here. They were the truth regarding the situation in Bahrein and Crash couldn't take the truth as they also are a mouth piece for government propaganda when needed. I've save the page 1 with my comment and if it goes away I will post prior and post censuring parts in youtube. Stay tuned! Anyway the NWM will go down!

richard

April 13, 2012 11:24 AM

newbie. if you dont watch the race, how will anyone know, and what good will it do? but i reckon that you will be watching the shanghai race on sunday! why not be consistent and refuse to watch that race as well, and the us race, and the indian race.....

liam. the reporter did ask a stupid question. of course bernie will be at bahrain overseeing the race. and isnt your threat of violence as bad as that which you are complaining about?

PaulW - Unregistered

April 13, 2012 1:43 PM

Politics and sports, what a wonderful opportunity for us all to turn on our self-righteous behavior! If you are going to start banning races the natural first step is to stop races in countries which start wars and occupy foreign countries. Forget China or Bahrain, NATO countries should top this list.

A more practical issue is civil disturbance. Now the rich are very good at providing security for themselves and their sheltered lives, thus I do not expect any incidents in Bahrain. If there isn't trouble then everyone can pretend all is right in the world but if there is trouble all negative fall out shall have been well earned. For all us Bernie haters this is a wonderful opportunity to see him totally embarrassed. We're not taking any risk, it's all his gamble. Will his ego finally bring him down?

But what if something bad happens to a driver? The big name drivers should be saying NO, instead of dutifully following their corporate masters orders.

Personally I worry more abo

DBL

April 13, 2012 2:01 PM

As Ted Kravitz said after Bernie's "Stupid question reply" Bernie has said he will be in London on Sunday morning to see his necrophiliac girlfriend run in the London marathon. Unless he's got a Tardis he won't make the race, unless he's only going to be there for 5mins. Although he's usually around all weekend at a GP. So not a stupid question Bernie. He's losing it if he doesn't know where he will be.

« 1 2 3 4 5  »