F1 » Ferrari realistic despite progress

Pat Fry says Ferrari is being realistic in Shanghai despite upgrades brought in for the Chinese Grand Prix

goNando - Unregistered

April 13, 2012 3:44 PM

Wow 10th and 17th! How the mighty have fallen. I think its time for a fresh start , steffano and massa must go!! I think its time to call Flavio Briatore. I love fernando but I bet he wishes he stayed at Mclaren!

goNando - Unregistered

April 13, 2012 3:45 PM

goNando - Unregistered

April 13, 2012 3:45 PM

Etienne Prinsloo - Unregistered

April 13, 2012 3:59 PM

Reality is a cruel commentator Mr Fry,however,thank you for the honesty. Realistically Felipe was never the same after what was almost a life ending accident. Kudos to Ferrari for loyalty but maybe a change is needed in their driver line-up. Maranello needs a long and hard rethink of their whole way of doing buissiness to arrest and possibly reverse what is in essence a slow and relentless decline.

herowassenna - Unregistered

April 13, 2012 4:31 PM

1) Maybe Alonso would have stayed at Mclaren if he'd known Ron was being ousted. But I honestly don't believe he regrets being at Ferrari. He said before he ever competed for the team that he had a 5 year plan to win the championship with them. He almost did in year 1.
2) I think Ferrari is currently changing their work practices. What most people miss is the fact that Pat Fry last year reported that Ferrari were some way behind the British teams due to the Brits investing in simulation equipment whilst Ferrari invested in 2 test tracks which can't be used anymore.
All his recruitment and his focus has been on getting these required tools in at Ferrari.
At least the are no excuses from Fry or Alonso. Sadly Massa keeps on saying the same thing over and over, he just isn't in the same stratosphere as Alonso, and he's weak to boot.
Did anyone hear his radio message during practice, Smedley "Felipe, Fernando isn't braking for Turn 3"
Why does a driver repeatedly need instruction from the

Nealio - Unregistered

April 13, 2012 8:16 PM

Shanghai doesn't suit the car? It seems the only type of track that would is one which only goes downhill with no curves!
Less talk Fry, more development results.

JosephG - Unregistered

April 13, 2012 9:40 PM

there is not magic button to switch to improve the performance of the car. if they do not come with heavy rivised car they should forget 2012 as usual to skrap it and thinking of 2013 like they did 2011 they are a big shame.

info@chicliving.com.au - Unregistered

April 13, 2012 11:09 PM

FERRARI should be getting bianchi to drive the car in practice sessions, so they can compare his performances to massa...

Seriously, they really need to do be proactive when it comes to their driver line up, not just sit on their hands and hope for the best !