F1 » Button: Delay in final stop 'one of those things'

Jenson Button: The delay pushed me back into the traffic, which was a little bit of a shock, but the pace and consistency are there in the car and I was able to get back into second position...

Snail

April 15, 2012 3:39 PM

Nice drive Jenson, the race would have been yours but for that awful pit stop.Good race overall though, with the outcome for most of the points positions close and hard fought......most enjoyable race and well done to Rosberg and Mercedes.

blzbub

April 15, 2012 3:47 PM

After seeing the pit stop I wondered if uncle Ron was somewhere close by, in the end good racing from both drivers got them on the podium. Might be a more difficult task with two Mercedes on track.

US_F1_Fan - Unregistered

April 15, 2012 4:26 PM

A slow stop is bad, but McLaren did much better in exactly the same situation Mercedes screwed up.

a 10 second pit and tight wheels is better than 4 seconds and a car that is out of the race due to a loose wheel.

#XIII - Unregistered

April 15, 2012 5:27 PM

@arcuid

With Lewis the screw up(sabotage) was obvious,he was leading the race but was called in to pit after Jenson.Then they screwed up the stop and JB got ahead of Lewis thankfully the plan backfired by JB hitting another car..They reversed the situation in this race to fool the blind/doubters.Well all i can say is it's gonna be a long season for Lewis,I hope he can overcome the hurdles going on behind the scenes.Good thing Merc is competetive,did yall see how comfortable he was Haug? Hmmm

arcuid

April 15, 2012 5:35 PM

@#XIII Actually I asked that in confusion because McLaren being a top tier team should know the ropes by now. I can't say much on the Lewis conspiracy theory. I don't mean to be lily livered here but there are other folks who will talk about it anyway and its going to be long debate where that particular Pit Stop is concerned. Don't get me wrong I am a McLaren supporter but I'll leave it for now. :)

blackstar - Unregistered

April 15, 2012 5:39 PM

For every thing a reason,it will all make perfect sense in Brasil 25 Nov. So laugh for now at Lewis gaining only 3 third spots, but we are going to see a repeat of 2008.

LJ - Unregistered

April 15, 2012 5:58 PM

I'm not too upset cuz I think Rosberg deserved a proper win. He's had the talent just not the car underneath him. Theres no saying Button would have caught and overtook Rosberg even though he was mighty quick on those Medium tires.

1 2  »