F1 » Button: Win won't be Rosberg's last

Having broken his duck in Shanghai, Jenson Button expects Nico Rosberg to get a taste for winning.

HartleyF1 - Unregistered

April 16, 2012 2:32 PM

Did anyone else notice anything a little strange at the drivers press conference after the race and also before it on the podium?

Ie Norbert was rather chummy with his arm around Hamilton and Rosberg while Button only got a bit of a handshake and a pat on the back. After which Hamilton dissapeared off behind the podium pretty quick as if he didnt wish to attract any onlookers to it.

And im sure Button knows something that we dont...
Due to Button saying he was sure Rosberg would get more wins but hopefully not THIS year.. The look on Hamiltons face made me wonder if Button was taking a cheap shot at Hamilton going to Merc next year and basically winding him up as if to say your going to merc and your gonna get beat by Rosberg!.

Its just a thought without any evidence from myself ofcourse but it seems very very possible to me!.

LJ - Unregistered

April 16, 2012 3:49 PM

Hmmmm, I didn't see that at all HartleyF1.. But I wasn't really looking that closely at the body language. I would be surprised if Hamilton moved to Mercedes tbh. They're not exactly the most consistent team on the grid.

Yes - Unregistered

April 16, 2012 5:33 PM

Yes Hartley. I saw it too and drew similar conclusions.
I believe you're onto something here. My guess, at a stretch, is that Haug has mixed emotions/conflicts about Silver Arrows past, particularly during WW2. Like athletics and football also, it must be a great relieve to embrace a both a blonde and brown Mercedes baby to wash away those times of bad history.

Btw, nice booties Nico. Real cute :)

arcuid

April 16, 2012 6:35 PM

Hartley F1 and Yes, Norbert Haug has known Lewis for a long time when Mercedes ued to own a huge chunk of McLaren and Haug was a frequent presence in the McLaren garage. Why shouldn't both guys be chummy with each other since they know each other? Its not that big of a paddock.

Inverted - Unregistered

April 16, 2012 7:07 PM

Great race! I agree arcuid, I thought Norberts welcome of Di Resta into parc ferme was far more telling. Didn't like how Rosberg left the cockpit coaming on the ground after dropping it though...even after going back to put the wheel on he just stepped over it. Deserved win, long time coming none the less.

HartleyF1 - Unregistered

April 16, 2012 10:31 PM

Mmm i missed the Di Resta bit....

I know about the Hamilton/Norbet working history....

Its Buttons comments later and Hamiltons body language that got me thinking more than anything!.

Ps The protector section being dumped on the floor annoyed me too.... I know it shouldnt... But i thought he should of placed it back on the car like he did with the wheel.... Look after your car and it will look after you Lol!.

kiwibob

April 17, 2012 4:46 AM

HartleyF1 i don,t think there was anything in it bar friendship and also the fact that all 3 were merc powered he was delighted and i think with his first win nico could have dropped the merc on the floor and got away with it just too excited as he should be great result