F1 » Hamilton fumes at pit stop failures

A furious Lewis Hamilton has called for an inquest into his two disastrous pit stops during the Bahrain Grand Prix that lost his crucial time and track position.

mrfill

April 22, 2012 7:05 PM

From what I saw and heard I thought Lewis was unexpectedly restrained. Sure, he was (understandably) unhappy but he didnt appear to be 'fuming'. Nothing like the petulant behaviour of last year and that can only be good.

oldtimer - Unregistered

April 22, 2012 7:09 PM

McClarens season already seems to be unravelling, poor pitstops, unreliability and erratic race pace. This season of all seasons you will need to score good points in every race as I don't think anybody is going to run away with it. It amazes me that they still cannot get their pitstops right all the time. I imagine whatever he says Hamilton will be looking elseware if this carries on and Button will be left to try and pull things round. I think McClaren need a rethink, once again they have started the season with a so so car and not the race winner that they keep talking about, I imagine Ron is sharpening his set of knifes!

ChrisF1Fanboy

April 22, 2012 7:11 PM

I say sack the guy who keeps messing up mclarens pit stops.It cost Lewis valuable points today, although it has to be said the general pace was not there, I think 4th is the best he could have hoped for if not for the unfortunate pit stops.And I agree with @mrfill Lewis seemed dissapointed but "fuming" is a bit much, he's obviously dissapionted but I'd hardly say he blasted his team..

50 Cent - Unregistered

April 22, 2012 7:18 PM

"once again they have started the season with a so so car" - What races were you watching? McLaren has a contender and this was a one off for them. Give that car to Kimi and he puts it on a podium. As far as lala blasting his team, I agree maybe too strong of a statement. That said, I would not say what he said to a reporter.

richard

April 22, 2012 7:18 PM

chris. why on earth do that? it is the equipment that are letting the team down. sack a person for doing his job? it was the same corner last race, so replacing the wheelman is not the answer, but checking their systems is. the wheel nut sits in the wheelgun, so there could well be something wrong with the stub axle or with the wheel gun. a good job the abolished hanging!

ChrisF1Fanboy

April 22, 2012 7:23 PM

Yeah, maybe getting rid of him isn't the answer, but they have to sort their equipment out before barcelona, as it cost Lewis lots of points today, and possibly a Jenson win in china, althogh it would have been a mighty drive to catch rosbeg

arcuid

April 22, 2012 7:28 PM

Richard, I read on ESPN's website that they had changed the mechanic on rear wheel gun between the first and second pit stops. Whitmarsh also confirmed there will be an investigation of the problems.

Taipan

April 22, 2012 7:37 PM

Fanboy, If McLaren sacked anyone that screwed things up Lulu would have been long gone!
What was the reason for sitting behind Massa for lap after lap? and why couldn't he catch Alonso in his "junk" Ferrari? Was that the teams fault as well?

Arcuid, I believe the wheelman was changed between the second and third stop.

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9  »