F1 » McLaren confirms no Hamilton test

Lewis Hamilton won't test for McLaren at Mugello next week

blublz

April 27, 2012 3:11 PM

It would be very suprising if Button and Hamilton couldnt learn anything from being at the upcoming test. They were suprised to find themselves behind Red Bull in both championships after Bahrain, not taking any part in the test leaves Hamilton and Button open to more suprises

Silent observer - Unregistered

April 27, 2012 3:36 PM

I agree. There is so very little testing going on these days, if I was an F1 driver, I'd be chomping at the bits to spend the whole Mugello test time in my car! Then debriefing with my engineers.

On the other hand, if the test drivers and young talent don't get to do the tests, where and how will we find the new lifeblood of our sport for the next 5 to 10 years?

Bertie and the FIA need to come up with a fine balance between both extremes of no testing and spiralling F1 costs! They seem to have got most of it right so far, and they need to solve this one conundrum now.

107SS2009

April 27, 2012 4:27 PM

With the present testing restrictions I for one was surprised at mclaren's announcement that their test drives will conduct the testing, my immediate suspicion was that they might not have any new updates of substance.
After Lulu farted with the media about this test somebody from mclaren said that his wishes will be accommodated, but now mclaren looks like they are digging their heels (taking a stand) re their first announcement.
As to the test drivers at lest of mclaren and FERRARI I dont see a chance that their test drivers will ever race for them.

107SS2009

April 27, 2012 5:01 PM

Arcuid, it looks like it does matter even to mclaren now.
I have been following the sports for a very long time and cannot remember a driver ever discussing with the media internal team matters/policies or better say sending massages to his own team through the media.

arcuid

April 27, 2012 5:14 PM

@sunny Well look at it this way someone has to especially if the team started out strongly and all off a sudden is going backwards I would be concerned. How many times has Alonso discussed to the media in the past about how Ferrari needs to step up?

Lywus - Unregistered

April 27, 2012 5:18 PM

Hamilton wants to test but Button doesn't so Mclaren decides both won't test. I wonder what Mclaren is thinking Ferrari Red Bull and others are taking their best drivers to the track while Mclaren and listening to Button and ignoring Hamilton. I'm starting to lose confidence on Mclaren.

1 2 3  »