F1 » Webber closes on new Red Bull deal?

Reports suggest Mark Webber could soon be offered a new deal by Red Bull to take him through to the end of the 2013 season

Filter Comments: All | Registered

Angelina - Unregistered

May 07, 2012 5:56 PM

i thought commodore knew stuff
I agree with you. 100%. I would like to say the same and even worse from my personal experiences and even opinions of people from that region on this site.

But i won't do that on a public forum. I will also like to add that person is a boaster whom we should not trust while discussing anything. And yes people from Ocenia are way too narrow minded to their detriment.

Angelina - Unregistered

May 07, 2012 8:31 PM

i thought commodore knew stuff

well i had arguements with them more than once. I also had arguements with other posters like Richard and Mark with whom i usually agree but arguing with people from that region remind me of "Never argue with fools, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience." It has happened to me more than once.

And yeah u r right. They r so illogical that its not difficult but totally impossible to convince them. I have once said that about the said poster. They will make up things which totally contradict facts. They want MW to drive for Ferrari when they hate a much nicer and likeable Vettel for being his teammate. Funny isn't it? And don't mind the jokers calling u jokers.

richard

May 07, 2012 9:02 PM

i thought, and angie. you do know, of course, that antipodeans means those from the point on earth that is diametrically opposite to you. so to aussies, we in uk are the antipodeans!

but that aside, i do agree that they are very nationalistic, but they are still entitled to their views. angie, would you talk up a yank who was in f1?

but we have to accept that the chances for a european driver, to get into f1, are far greater than those from asian or oceanic countries. this is due to far greater scope for racing in different series.

there are two saloon drivers in wtcc, that i would like to see in open wheelers. these are oriola (spanish, i think) and michelisz (hungarian). they may bomb, but they seem to have something extra.

Angelina - Unregistered

May 07, 2012 9:09 PM

Richard
I will definitely like to see Americans doing well in F1 and everything but I am an American.

We accept talent and try to attract them to settle in America instead of discrediting them or bigging up Americans.

Angelina - Unregistered

May 07, 2012 9:18 PM

Richard
"the chances for a european driver, to get into f1, are far greater than those from asian or oceanic countries"

Richard but thats not an excuse for lack of talent.

And you can say that about Americans too though we have many other series to compete. Those series don't attract the attention of F1 team managers.

richard

May 07, 2012 9:22 PM

angie. what i am trying to say is that a top dog in oz, may appear to have a great chance on the international scene, but when they are given the opportunity, they may not quite be up to international standards. however, to give him his dues, webber did perform poorly at first, but has gained enough experience to perform comfortably as a good number 2.

Angelina - Unregistered

May 07, 2012 9:43 PM

Yes he is a good no.2. 2nd (in the competition for the best no.2)only to Hami.

But Hami can embarrass no.1 as he did in his rookie year in 2007.
Kimi can be an even better no.2, fast and obedient.
But there is no reason to big up the national hero when he clearly fails in the international competition.

Googolplex

May 08, 2012 2:14 AM

Angelina,

In some ways I agree with what you say. I admit that I am a one eyed Webber fan because he is an Aussie (and I expect alot of other Aussies are also), but I do still have an active interest in all the drivers and am a definite fan of Kimi.

Like all international competition, there is a tendency to support your own nationality. Take the Olympics for example. However, that doesn't mean you don't respect and admire what others do.

Angelina - Unregistered

May 08, 2012 3:04 AM

Googolplex
U r the only Aussie on this forum who is an exception to the ones I am criticizing. I was thinking about listing ur name as an exception but thought it wouldn't sound good. I am aware that u r a Webber fan but u r very balanced.

Its good to support local heros but not to big them up and criticize others and call names for beating ur local heros. I really can't imagine how can someone say Webber or Daniel is a future WDC or Vettel beats Webber only because he is favored. I am a Hamilton fan but sometimes Hamilton fans too big him up. He is talented but doesn't have the attitude to deliver consistently like Vettel. Same is true with Kimi.

I am an American but I don't hate Vettel for replacing Scott Speed and though I would like to see that happen, I won't say that Alexander Rossi is a future WDC.

And I will like to see Vettel and Hamilton in Nascar post F1.

« 1 2 3 4 5 6