F1 » Webber closes on new Red Bull deal?

Reports suggest Mark Webber could soon be offered a new deal by Red Bull to take him through to the end of the 2013 season

CommodoreS

May 08, 2012 5:47 AM

Angelina I don't see where you are under the impression Australians are totally "one eyed".
We may be nationalistic and show patriotism however in saying that we are a motor sport public and do show
admiration for other athletes which also does go beyond the bounds of Motorsport.
To say I boast is wrong. During the past we have had conversations. You have asked me questions and I have answered them in a congenial manner to the best of my knowledge.
If you care to look at my past comments which spans 3 years I do not debate or argue unless I have a totally different view to a particular topic and the comments posted thereunder.
I guess the bottomline is this is a universal forum with many nationality posters whose comments I respect
however some threads are non sensical with extreme bias in both directions which I don't wish to be involved with. Yes I am a Webber fan and know the man together with Ricciardo but that will not stop me from being critical of their actions (Cont)

CommodoreS

May 08, 2012 6:04 AM

(Cont)

if I see fit.

The baseline is we are on the forum to discuss matters and their are no ego's however everyone is open to a view and opinion and if they feel strongly enough about that opinion and make a post is should be respected. If we don't respect it and have a solid reply in response thence we say nothing.

Their is absolutely no need to offend other posters whose views differ.Our discussions have been short and complete and totally without animosity on my behalf

Angelina - Unregistered

May 08, 2012 8:29 AM

Commodores
I appreciate your coolness. But I think sometimes you boast things. You should do some more homework as somebody has said.
Yes we had discussions in the past, you have answered my ques, I believed you but I really don't get the impression of Vettel you have said even after watching the recent videos after Bahrain gp. Seb is really liked by Redbull. You might not be wrong though. We should not judge him in a meeting or a two over an year and only those like Horner who spend a lot of time with him know him.
About this topic, I can't imagine Webber signing a letter of intent to be no.2 at Ferrari. He doesn't like to be no.2 does he? Turkey 2010, Silverstone 2010 and 2011 controversies won't arise if he would have accepted his status as no.2 at Redbull.

Anyways thanks for your coolness and I am sorry if I have offended you.

CommodoreS

May 08, 2012 10:02 AM

Angelina my opinion of Seb and Marko was based
on a personal view. We met and talked at the Aust G.P.
under social circumstances as I said when you asked.
I came away from the conversation which was extensive feeling an unwelcome party whilst the remainder of the RBR team including Horner and Newey were most amicable.
It was purely a personal impression.
As for Mark and Ferrari what I said was very real. It occurred late last year after Mark sufferred a bad year with RBR and accounts for the present keen approach by RBR and the equal equality statement by D.M.during the past. This was conveyed during Marks holidays in Australia over Xmas so the homework was done. At this point I feel I should have remained mute and not informed the forum however as it was public their was no further need for secrecy. This year with RBR Mark is not being treated as No.2 and the whole aspect has had the desired effect. (Cont)

Googolplex

May 08, 2012 2:09 PM

Angelina,

I doubt I am more objective than Commodore is. I think you will find his contributions are usually pretty even handed even if he is, like me,a Webber supporter. He does have another driver who he supports even more than Webber, but that driver isn't in F1 (yet).

« 2 3 4 5 6