F1 » F1 standings after Spanish GP

Pastor Maldonado's victory and unusual top five shakes up F1 championship tables.

Filter Comments: All | Registered

Taipan

May 13, 2012 3:29 PM

I must be reading this wrong, Alonso and his "junk" Ferrari and Vettel the "over rated guy who can't race without EBD" are leading the championship, I hope SpongeRob turns up soon to explain things to me! :p

Angelina - Unregistered

May 13, 2012 3:36 PM

Wow
Vettel leading championship despite a car with very low straight line speed and cucumber incident.

Taipan Ferrari is now very good. Updated parts were not available to Massa.
But Maldonado surprised me. I had expected him to lose the race at the start.

rob01

May 13, 2012 3:41 PM

Taigherkin, as usual you need my help. Your getting all girly on me. Lewis is eight points behind. And without the fuel issue Lewis would have been first in the standings. Now do you follow?

Chop Chop - Unregistered

May 13, 2012 3:42 PM

I'm impress by Sauber beating top Manufacture teams and big budget teams. Kobayashi top five finished was the best he could finish for Sauber.
I don't know what wrong with McLaren and Red Bull. I believe they have problems with tires.
Pastor Maldonado deserve this Spain GP and he drove superbly.

Taipan

May 13, 2012 3:48 PM

Spongy, So Lulu needs all of his luck to be good even with "the best car" to get ahead of the guy in the "junk" car and ahead of the guy "who can't race without EBD"?

Ahh thanks for that, that sums things up nicely.

George - Unregistered

May 13, 2012 4:06 PM

You are not seeing the big picture here. Lewis would be miles ahead if weren't for #1, the FIA making every effort to stifle his progress as usual and if it weren't McLaren botching his pitstops. It's only close because of those reasons. Don't kid yourself. You know who will win the championship? Whoever the FIA wants to win the championship.

rob01

May 13, 2012 4:08 PM

Taigherkin, Alonso is very good but if you actually watched the earlier races you would know he has had good fortune come his way. In a car that even Ferrari admitted was poor/junk. The same reason they spent millions making a new one. Massa has two points in the same car. The season is just started so you know. And all in the top six have an good chance for the WDC.