F1 » Extraordinary maiden win for Maldonado in Spain

Sometimes good things happen to good people. And sometimes dreams come true. But surely no one expected it to happen so spectacularly for Pastor Maldonado and Williams in Spain?

mikeme - Unregistered

May 13, 2012 5:27 PM

Today we are forced to salute Williams,coming from nowhere and given almost no chance, for their amazing win. The big guns struggled in disarray and Mac paid dearly for their fueling error. Sometimes things come together in unexpected ways, and today it did for Williams and Maldonado, who showed great skill and discipline in F1 race driving. I award them all my trophies and highest admiration, and hope this was not only a once-off flash in the pan. The man in the wheelchair deserves great honour.

klings - Unregistered

May 13, 2012 5:57 PM

Well done to Pastor. I can honestly say I thought he'd be shuffled down the pack after the 1st pit stops. Thanks again jenson for driving,(not racing), well within the limits of the car again. I'm a button fan, but my patience is running thin. Lewis held Vettel back for 2 laps, Jenson not even a corner. As for the Mclaren strategy?, Thanks Sam Neil, he always looked miserable and said nothing at Williams, now he's doing the same at Mclaren.

SHAKEN - Unregistered

May 13, 2012 6:02 PM

It doesn't matter the results or what Crash.net say. Personally I am delighted (and I reiterate DELIGHTED) by the results. At long last for whatever reason (maybe its the Pirelli tyres...) there IS competition and F1 seems to be worth watching again. To say that a pay driver in a Williams won against the might of Ferrari, McLaren, RedBull etc is extraordinary - is the understatement of the century.

Lewis Fan - Unregistered

May 13, 2012 6:05 PM

A great write up and a great drive from Pastor.

Seeing him win such an amazing victory, particularly in front of alonso, who, along with his fans much have thought the home victory was handed to them on a plate... especially after Hamilton's harsh penalty...

That was divine, they good guy won, the Latino beating the Spaniard, that really made my day.

walrus909

May 13, 2012 6:36 PM

Murdocks Speed Channel! The US coverage swapped to of all things, British football. No drivers interviews untill I find them on the net.

Speed, usuing the Mclaren pitstop play book?

That rant aside, good job Pastor, a lot of us are eating our words today including me. Lotus in Monaco?

Maroc - Unregistered

May 13, 2012 7:00 PM

Congratulations to Pastor, Always great to see driver get his first win, Mega result for Williams and great to see them back at the front, this old acquaintance with Renault Engines is loooking like old times again, Well done Frank, looks like they dont need Sam Micheal after all, Maybe Mclaren should consider his position aswell?

piercarlogassolini - Unregistered

May 13, 2012 8:22 PM

Williams has been my team since the days of Art Merzario and the Iso, and I gotta admit I cried in front of my wife for the second time ever (other than famly stuff) today. Absolutely bloody fantastic.

« 1 2 3 4  »