F1 » Another veiled warning to Massa?

Felipe Massa's position at Ferrari comes under scrutiny again, as Scuderia calls for a 'change of gear' ahead of Monaco Grand Prix.

Pole Position - Unregistered

May 15, 2012 7:31 AM

If he hasn't improved by now what makes them think he's going to in the future? I like Felipe but he's lost his mojo. He's just not cuttin' it at Ferrari. Alonso is making him look like a chump. Maybe he needs to move to a midfield team?

Rick - Unregistered

May 15, 2012 7:34 AM

Poor Massa, I feel sorry for him. I think that Ferrari should swap Massa for Kobayashi for the rest of the season. He would benefit from being under less pressure and perhaps be able to improve his results. He started his career with Sauber and should feel right at home there.

rbr46

May 15, 2012 8:01 AM

I just get the impression that Massa is not aggressive enough, for example he needs to come out in the press and say "I am going to fight for my seat till the very end". It seems to me he just accepts the slating he gets every week.

Jim Clausen

May 15, 2012 8:46 AM

Ferrari is doing Massa a disservice by keeping him on. Massa is aware he's not performing well. Consequently, he may be overextending himself, taking unnecessary risks and/or making mistakes. He's been beat up enough, emotionally. He need not be risking being beat up physically or worse.

Taipan

May 15, 2012 8:55 AM

Much as I like and respect Felipe I can't see him driving for Ferrari at the end of this season unless he improves his performances dramatically. I would expect him to have until mid season to turn things around, hope he makes it but I have my doubts now.

Sandro Fiorini - Unregistered

May 15, 2012 9:52 AM

My guess is that he didn't find his ways with this new Alonso-era Ferrari. It will be nice to seem him in a different team, like Williams or even McLaren. Also this talk about he losing his mojo after that accident is a mistake. At that very year Ferrari was already showing signs of loosing its tracks. That car was already known for being difficult to drive.

richard

May 15, 2012 10:24 AM

flip is being demoralised by ferrari. all the effort is going into making ferdis car faster, so as to try and get a return for their money. unfortunately, as happened in barca, flip is left driving a car WITHOUT all the updates, as ferrari did not have duplicates of everything. hopefully, when they give him the same equipment to alonso, we will see an improvement.

mix - Unregistered

May 15, 2012 10:28 AM

IMO he has never cut the mustard, consistently, after the accident. He should never jumped back on the prancing horse, but spent a year in a lower formula to get his nerve and race edge. I feel sorry for him, after all, he's jumped in too early and must be under some serious pressure. He pure and simply was not ready and must take a reset, or we'll never see the same Massa again.

The Facts - Unregistered

May 15, 2012 11:01 AM

I think Ferrari have started to implement an aggressive cost cutting program. Firstly by removing the engine from Massa's car and only allowing him to run with the KERS system. Secondly by only giving him 1 gear in the gearbox. Further rumours suggest that they are looking at removing the accelerator peddle from his car as it is the item which is used the least.
Jokes aside, the problem with Massa's Ferrari is the part which links the engine, gearbox and the steering to the track.

1 2 3 4 5 6  »