F1 » Alguersuari: I’ll be back – and stronger

Jaime Alguersuari says he is 100 per cent confident that he will be back in F1 full-time next season.

Josh - Unregistered

May 17, 2012 12:31 PM

On another F1 news site he's quoted as saying ""I know where I am and I know where I'll be next year". I'm not sure if that's just confidence or a hint that he's already signed a contract. I'd be surprised if it were the latter, this early in the season.

Anyway, I'm not an ALG fan but I like the kid's maturity. He also seems very determined, so good luck to him.

Liam48

May 17, 2012 3:06 PM

The guy is a good driver and I had faith he would do well in F1.

Also I am enjoying seeing Ricardo and Eric-Verge not doing so well because it shows that Marko's comments about Alguersuari are quickly becoming WRONG! I like Ricardo and want to see him do well but it shows that the over confident and much hyped Vergne isn't doing much better in this years car.... it proves it was the car last year and Alguersuari was brilliant in the second half of the year!

Gorbachov - Unregistered

May 17, 2012 3:16 PM

With all due respect, if I had just gone to any team, my career would be dead and with no more options apart from DTM and touring cars," he confirmed, "I can do that when I'm 35, not 22."

jordi - Unregistered

May 17, 2012 3:41 PM

What he meant was that, had he gone to HRT (his only option once he was out of STR) he could only aspire to be last or next-to-last at every race, and it would have been very difficult, if not impossible, to go anywhere from there. It would have effectively been the end of his career. I don't see that as arrogance but as a quite realistic assessment.

Gorbachov - Unregistered

May 17, 2012 4:13 PM

I did NOT edit my post. I wonder why did crash.net find the need to remove my comment?

EDIT by CRASH.NET! Inappropriate or abusive comments can be edited as neccessary.

Phil Beckett - Unregistered

May 17, 2012 8:56 PM

Jaime Alguersuari is easy good enough to be on the grid. I think this would have been his break out year. Red bull screwing him over the way they did will come back to haunt them one day. Toro Rosso would be closer to Force India and Sauber if he was driving,they made a mistake and just haven't got the drivers to bridge the gap this year. Stupid decision. You live and learn. Vamos Jaime!!!!

1 2  »