F1 » Schumacher: Draw no parallels with Stoner

Michael Schumacher has said that he is not thinking about his future, despite MotoGP star Casey Stoner's retirement decision kick-starting the rumour mill.

Da Rock

May 24, 2012 11:19 AM

This ain't a popularity contest ladies, it's the pinnacle of motor sport. Both F1 and MotoGP. Remember, nice guys finish last.

I'd rather see two guys I dislike racing hard and entertaining me than a nice guy coming in 2nd last and giving a good interview.

Liam48 - Unregistered

May 24, 2012 12:32 PM

@Da Rock that is rubbish nice guys don't finish last!

I don't like Stoner so I'm not bothered about his retirement but I think his reasons for leaving where brought on by us... the fans!

I used to hate Schumacher but now I like him but before he leaves I want to see him get a couple of podiums!

Da Rock

May 24, 2012 1:07 PM

@Liam - Nice guys finish last meaning personality doesn't count for squat in competition. Talent is what counts and these guys have plenty.

I'd rather see the most talented guys fighting it out. I don't really care about their personalities because I'm a fan of the sport. Sure I have my favourites and those I don't like. Everyone has to cheer for someone.

I'm not a huge fan of Lorenzo, although he has grown on me. But if he retired now then MotoGP would lose some of its shine with the two most talented guys no longer competing regardless of personalities.

bikenut

May 24, 2012 3:16 PM

schumacher and Stoner are both very good at what they do and both seem intelligent, I personally dont really know why some people dont like them or more to the point find it necessary to mention they dont like them, they are in motor sport not politics, get over it!

jose - Unregistered

May 24, 2012 3:20 PM

Well this will be a special race at Monaco for some.
Massa has to find some pace.He needs a very good result
Sunday.
Mercedes need for Schumy to have a good competitive race
Kimi will be looking to thump again.
Hamilton will be Ball out, he needs a win. Monaco is the
big one. A win means back on top of the pile.
The race will be close, a wink from Lady Luck
may produce the winner..

Jose

Liam48

May 24, 2012 4:00 PM

@Da Rock

Lorenzo and Stoner may be the two fastest right now but I think Rossi fits in with them with talent as shown on Sunday!

I think this will be Schumacher's last season and then di Resta will get the drive.

1 2  »