F1 » Webber urged to join Ferrari

Alan Jones urges Mark Webber to join Ferrari

AJ - Unregistered

May 29, 2012 9:56 AM

From Horners comments it sound like Webber is outside of the Red Bull family either way...everything he says refers to 'the team' and 'Webber' getting along rather than Webber being part of the team that have secured back to back championships!

Josh - Unregistered

May 29, 2012 10:09 AM

With the type of team swaps Jones' made in his twilight years in F1 I think he's the last person I'd want to take advice from. Fair go to the bloke but Mark's a smart chap and will chose the option he believes best for him.

Googolplex

May 29, 2012 10:18 AM

Red Bull are presumably thinking they may need to hold Mark for an extra year until they have given Vergne and Ricciardo a better opportunity to establish their credentials for promotion.

I'd hate to see Mark floundering around like Massa as a number 2 for Ferrari, that would be worse than his present status at RBR.

James Montgomery

May 29, 2012 10:19 AM

To be honest, I'm not sure where Webber would fit anymore, he is 36 - entering his twilight years and I doubt he will ever get a chance to mount a title challenge again (famous last words).

I don't see Webber's bluntness working well with Ferrari as that was an issue with Raikonnen.

I say Webber should pack up whilst he is still on top and mixing it with the leaders and return to LMES - rekindle a "flipping" good career there :P

Josh - Unregistered

May 29, 2012 10:22 AM

"doubt he will ever get a chance to mount a title challenge again"

Curious you should say that about a man that's trailing the championship leader by a mere three points, and is tied with his teammate Vettel.

JC - Unregistered

May 29, 2012 10:31 AM

Am I the only person who thinks would Mark join McLaren if Hamilton gets sick of McLaren's mistakes this year and goes to Mercedes. I think he'd fit in better there. I've always seen Webber as more of a McLaren guy than a Ferrari one, but hope he makes the right choice nonetheless.

Wade - Unregistered

May 29, 2012 11:04 AM

I'd like to know where these rumours come from about Webber in Ferrari's sights. The Australian media probably. And then a former AUSTRALIAN F1 champion says he should go there. Big deal. Why would Ferrari want an older driver to drive for them??? All I've really heard from Ferrari is that they would want to pair a newer, younger driver with Fernando.

Josh - Unregistered

May 29, 2012 11:35 AM

"I'd like to know where these rumours come from about Webber in Ferrari's sights. The Australian media probably."

Actually, the first Webber-Ferrari links this year were made by Spanish media. Trust me on this, Australian media doesn't care about F1 enough to go around making rumours. It barely gets covered here.

1 2 3 4 5  »