F1 » Hamilton: Alonso dark horse - and best in F1

Lewis Hamilton and Fernando Alonso continue to swap platitudes as rumours of pairing at Ferrari refuse to go away.

marcos - Unregistered

May 31, 2012 12:11 AM

Well somebody does not read the info. Alonso has repeated many many times that he never had a problem with lewis, but with mclaren's management (Ron Dennis)

To give you some light. Alonso's family was not allowed to see the race in mclarens motorhome (they had to go to renaults!) while lewis father was allowed to stay with the mecanics. They were never clear about the strategy i.e. something agreed was not respected (Hungary where Alonso was suppouse to be the last one on track on qualy. and suddenly had lewis behind him) alonso's data was given to lewis's engineers while lewis's data was not accesible for fernando. Ron dennis openly declared after China that they were fighting against FERNANDO. How can you win if your boss says that he is racing against you?!!! Did they have the same spec engine? I DOUBT IT!!!
That same year fernando declared four or five races before the end of the season that it was difficult to win to your nemesis.
Hungary penalty against fernando was investigate

Away with hamilton - Unregistered

May 31, 2012 2:47 AM

"I can think of several moments where Alonso has lost his cool, and one title showdown where he was stuck behind a russian for much of the race cursing and crying."

Posted by fish fingers - Unregistered (5 hours ago)

What would you expect him to do, smile and hug petrov? I would be so frustrated and angry too if it happened to me. Hell, I'd even have a strong word with the guy just to vent off. It's the world championship we are talking about.

Angelina - Unregistered

May 31, 2012 3:04 AM

... but I am concerned about whaat Vettel is doing in the race during all the races and wet my diapers/ nappies when Seb is behind me.

Ptolomy and lance are right.

kiwibob

May 31, 2012 4:22 AM

MrQwerty no disrespect as we are all have our own opinions but i gotta say i think you are dreaming referring to FA as the same mentally strong as MS even this last 2 and a half years has shown how strong MS still is .
And why would any contender for wc admit someone else was better driver with this way of thinking you have lost before you start i think this is all mind games and no ferrari won,t take LH

theArtist - Unregistered

May 31, 2012 7:14 AM

Read the "title"...and then read those "comments". it's never been about the drivers but yourselves. well, i gotta admit, it's a good way to make friends (or not)

MrQwerty

May 31, 2012 9:06 AM

@ kiwibob

I respect your opinion, I just believe that Schumacher in his prime's weakness was his mental strength under pressure. He was in, I believe, five last round showdowns, and he lost his nreve in three of them. I'm not saying he was mentally weak, but compared to Alonso he was a bit lacking in that department.

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 7  »