F1 » Neale: No rush on Hamilton deal

Jonathan Neales says McLaren isn't rushing to tie Lewis Hamilton down to a new deal

kiwibob

June 08, 2012 4:11 AM

Richard every post u put on about LH contains one or more lies as his name is lewis . And no im not a LH fan but he gets my respect for driving one of these cars at the speed they do so when i see people calling him lulu i just have two thoughts jealous and a...holes for disrepecting his parents who named him and also him

richard

June 08, 2012 8:50 AM

kiwibob. i dont know what world you live in, but you seem to have something against me! you pick on me for using the diminutive name -lulu- but if you read this site, you will see that 50% of the posters also use this name. so why pick on me? as taz says , i am a sensitive old soul, but you will never see any hate from me. i have no problem continuing to use the name-lulu- but if you have a problem, then my heart bleeds for you. it would appear that YOU are actually the sensitive one, not me!

sean - Unregistered

June 08, 2012 10:02 AM

McLaren dont want Hamilton, Whitmarsh is one of the most experienced guys in Motorsport... just like a football team, the manager cops the flack for his underperforming players... Hamilton is the root cause of the frustrations within the team... you can see why Alonso wasnt too pleased, and I fully appreciate and understand his frustrations. Hamiltion, apparently the fastest driver on the grid... not the best!... is the ONLY top flight driver to not havea win under his belt this year... Same as Massa!... so whats the difference? ... Hamilton was a PR "stunt"... and boy has it gone wrong ... He's the most disliked driver since ... well, EVER!... His fans have turned against him, no other team wants him.

mrfill

June 08, 2012 1:50 PM

Neale's comments are well balanced and honest. I just wonder why he has decided to speak out now instead of the usual statement of puff from Whitmarsh. Something going on behind the scenes perhaps?

Jenny - Unregistered

June 08, 2012 2:03 PM

@Sean

You really let go of your frustration, hmm am laughing in Spanish, Lewis is making 20m a year and your here foaming from the mouth about who hates who! what would you do if Lewis wins the next race? if am correct Michael Schumacher hasnt won a race, Kimi hasnt won a race

richard

June 08, 2012 2:59 PM

jenny. you are now spanish? you sure do get around a lot!

but lulu is not getting 20m, he gets 15m, and has to produce the results to match that. schumi is getting less because he is not motivated by the spondulux, but just wants to drive, and his name brings in a lot of extra sponsorship.

if lulu wins in canada, people will congratulate him, but the fanboys will have a field day, and will deserve a few home truths!

Sean - Unregistered

June 08, 2012 6:30 PM

@Jenny ... lol ... typical Lewis fan. Not an idea on history or what is life long fans are talking about ... and I wasn't talking about who hates who. As for Schumacher & Raikkonen, (nice to see you rate them as top drivers) ... They were not expected to win any of the races this year, whereas Lewis is bookies favourite every race ... I don't expect someone who blew in with a driver to understand these views, just don't make yourself look so dumb when posting ... the only thing I think you got right was that Schumacher & Raikkonen hadn't won a race either ... in a way, acknowledging that my point was actually valid! ... so thank you ... as for what happens if Lewis wins this race ... hardly, but it's long over due ... so if he does, it's still not a perfOrmandy worth of someone who is apparently the best on the grid ... He has no choice, he needs to win ... finally, I'm half Spanish, I've never heard anyone laughing in Spanish ... just another nonsensical comments that are the vitriol

Sean - Unregistered

June 08, 2012 6:41 PM

Uh? ... didn't post all of my reply???? ... Anyway, I went on to ask you to name, or set out what Lewis has achieved in the last 3 seasons ... you can go back as far as you want really ... he should never have been WDC... I think most of his fans find it hard to argue with that, maybe that's why him and Alonso are getting on now ... Anyway, I look forward to your reply cause I'm really busting to see what you say ...

Chief-Thunder - Unregistered

June 08, 2012 9:35 PM

My first comment, i'm from Holland!

Many peeps hate Lewis cuz of his skin colour...Wurd!

The Hamilton haters are some blind folks, one said Mc Laren dont want Lewis anymore(lmao). Then why is he still there after 5 years??
He should be wdc in his debuut year, we all know what happend! So he took it the year after!
Peeps cant stand it when he passes THEIR favorite on track... so they hate him more! Now he had a verry bad year, so they attack him on that time after time (Cindy Lauper style)! But they forget what he have achieved before he entered de F1.
U can hate all u want, u can have dreams and hope they come true... but let me tell u this: U all dont know shizzle whats really going on in de F1 world, u only can GUESS and think about the food what the media brings 2 u (u can eat it or throw it away). How can u say he gonna do this or that next year? Like u his manager or his team boss or even the boss from Ferrari or Red Bull!
Like i said: U ONLY CAN GUESS!
Look up what Alonso said