F1 » Button: I'm no whiner!

Jenson Button has slammed suggestions that he 'whinges' too much during F1 weekends as he seeks to rebound from his Montreal misery.

SennaPart2 - Unregistered

June 18, 2012 2:40 PM

Teams use driver's feedback to help in car development. Disregarding team budgets let's go to 2009. Brawn car miles ahead the rest, half way through season poor car development and team leader is JB. Same year McLaren is a dog of a car. Lewis scores the most points towards end of the season and team leader is LH. 2011 redbull is dorminant and Vettel is equally brilliant with driver feedback and redbull ends the year still dorminant. 2012 JB says he has the team around him and is still poor with setup,lack of value adding feedback is Buttons and Webbers weakness!!!!!, and that is strength of Vettel, Lewis. And Alonso.

piercarlogassolini - Unregistered

June 18, 2012 2:44 PM

Mark, yes he does sound a bigger whiner than most even through all that radio crackle - maybe the person in control of the radio feed is an LH fanboy? Meanwhile on another forum the biggest JB hater has justified his spite on the observation that JB looks (apparently) like a mutant merge of the lead singers of Coldplay and Radiohead, who the hater also hates (a LOT of hate in that man!)

bob - Unregistered

June 18, 2012 3:17 PM

These comments just make me laugh.

First of all, let's get something out of the way. I'm a big time Button supporter and not a great fan of Hamilton - even less of a fan of most of Hamilton's supporters.

Anyway, let me just say that I think Hamilton is doing a great job this year and WAY better than last season. He leads the championship currently and he deserves to.

Having said all that, most of the comments on this story from the Hamilton supporters are just a joke. Last year Hamilton had problems, so all the fanboys told all and sundry that Button's dominance last season didn't count.

Now Button is having problems and clearly performing below his potential, and all of a sudden the fanboys tell everyone that the cream has finally risen to the top and the current form is how it really is????

Are you lot even serious?

How can a direct comparison be made until BOTH drivers are performing to the peak of their potential?

bob - Unregistered

June 18, 2012 3:29 PM

@SennaPart2

A few things

1.I thought you liked being objective?

"Lewis scores the most points towards end of the season and team leader is LH"

Ummm...who scored the most points in the second half of 2011??

2. "Disregarding team budgets let's go to 2009" -
Yes, let disregard team budgets, cause they have NOTHING to do with developing a car!

3. Mark Webber's weakness is poor feedback?? HAHAHA. It's comments like these that show you really don't have a clue. Webber is one of the strongest technical people on the grid. He works very closely with Adrian Newey regarding car feedback and setup. By all accounts, Webber is also a talented aerodynamicist.

And one of Mark Webber's strongest

bob - Unregistered

June 18, 2012 3:35 PM

Everyone keeps slagging Button off and saying that his form last year does not count because Lewis had a bad year.

Well, didn't he also beat 22 other drivers including Alonso, Webber, Rosberg, Schumacher etc. etc.

Oh, hang on a minute, I forgot, no one else counts except for Hamilton.

My mistake.

JOHN - Unregistered

June 18, 2012 4:14 PM

He does (whine) but what modern F1 driver doesn't? In early days drivers got on with the job knowing well that they might not be around the next day...such was the risk of fatality

ronsgoldenboy

June 18, 2012 4:24 PM

Nick 636 and richard, click on my user name and on page 3 I refer to Jenson as a world class driver page7 i say Jenson will make a comeback this season while others are slating him. Page 7 I refer to button as in same league as Alonso,Vettel and Hamilton. Page 8 I refer to Jenson as a top driver. Page 10 I refer to Jenson as a top driver and that he will push Hammi all the way. Page 11 i complement Jenson on his smooth diving and using it to beat an unfocused Lewis in 2011. TBH i could go through many more of my pages and find more compliments i have made about Jenson because i give credit were credit is due. I see Jenson as a good tradesman and on his day when the car is set exact to his requirements he will match anyone.

107SS2009

June 18, 2012 5:26 PM

I am one hundred percent certain that nine out of ten posters criticising JB are Lulu fan boys, last year the concentration was on SV, this year up to Canada the concentration was on mclaren (the team) and on MW (the boss).
This is a new generation of fanboyisem the likes of which have never been seen in F1.
My generation of F1 followers always supported a team above everything else and not just an individual.

SennaPart2 - Unregistered

June 18, 2012 6:35 PM

@bob Thank u for ur reasonable post to me. Yes button did very well last yr and he beat Lewis fare and square. All I'm tryin to highlight is that some of the attributes inferred on him by his fans, the media, former and retired champions etc were way exaggerated. Situational circumstances were used last yr to infer high attributes on Jenson and Lewis was branded stupid, unintelleigent, weak, too aggressive on tyres etc. No one spared Lewis except for ppl like Alonso. Schumacher has had many avoidable collisions frm last year but no one calls him 'crazy' and 'about to kill another driver'. The same compasion u are showing button u should have shown Lewis. That's my point. Button is actually a good driver.

bob - Unregistered

June 18, 2012 6:50 PM

@SennaPart2

Fair enough mate.

But the thing is this. To be completely honest, I don't really mind Hamilton at all, in fact, in 2008 I was jumping up and down on the couch and screaming like an idiot when he won - I was pumped!

I just prefer Button as a person and a driver. The only time I really get annoyed with Hamilton is when he slags off the team, when he stands on the podium with a face like a smacked ass - and, more than anything when his supporters carry on like he's the greatest thing since sliced bread - and then move on to utterly slagging off any other driver who gives him a run for his money i.e. Alonso, Massa, Button...

If his supporters were a little more measured, gracious in defeat and recognized other drivers talent and abilities, I can guarantee that most of the people on this forum would lay off Lewis a lot.

Most of the bickering isn't about Hamilton, but the way his supporters go about - supporting him.

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9  »