F1 » Button: I'm no whiner!

Jenson Button has slammed suggestions that he 'whinges' too much during F1 weekends as he seeks to rebound from his Montreal misery.

bob - Unregistered

June 18, 2012 7:55 PM

@bonecrasher

"Why oh why do you keep hyping up Jenson outscoring Lewis and coming second last year like that means anything, I mean who cares?"

Well, all you Hamilton fanboys keep going on about last year and saying Button's form doesn't count because Hamilton had a bad year.

My point, once again, is that Hamilton isn't the center of the F1 universe. Button didn't only beat Hamilton, he beat the rest of the field too, apart from Vettel.

So what part of this ACHIEVEMENT was largely due to circumstances? Other than the circumstance of Button driving the wheels of that McLaren and being on form?

Please enlighten us with your perspective.

tewin - Unregistered

June 18, 2012 8:24 PM

bob im a lewis fan and jenson beating lewis does count and the record books will show this. However i just cant see jenson beating a fully focused hamilton and in 2011 lewis was not focused fully on his job and this will always be the argument from the lewis fans like myself its a sort of tainted win which is not jensons fault but that is how a lot of people will see it. now we see a focused lewis this season and he is comprehensively beating jenson, also i belive the pirelli's in 2011 helped jenson's smoother style of driving over lewis's more aggressive style.

Liam48 - Unregistered

June 18, 2012 8:29 PM

@ghog it looks like you really pi$$ed @ron off! I wonder what he said for crash.net to delete two of his posts, it made me laugh.

@ron for comedy value you are brilliant!

To another poster who said even when he was winning he never complimented the car! Thus not true, I have manyseadon reviews and when Button wins he say something like "guys you built me a monster if a car", "the car was brilliant to drive", "you guys have done a great job on the car" also when he doesn't win but does well he'll compliment the team and the car. If he says they need to improve... SO WHAT! Every driver says that if try don't win, they're competitors they want to win.

Droog - Unregistered

June 18, 2012 9:02 PM

I'm a JB fan, well, more of an admirer than fan..
But IMHO, I've noticed that JB has seemed to be whining since China. No one incident stands out, but I've come to expect it every time he's in a unilateral. Sorry JB, but where there's smoke...

SennaPart2 - Unregistered

June 18, 2012 9:09 PM

@bob I was really enjoying the way our discussion went along until u included Massa and Webber in list of ppl tht give Lewis a run for his money. Really now?? People talk abt Lewis' worst season in 2011, in my opinion Webber was the worst failure! With all his experience in f1 how cud he not make full use of the mighty rb7? You say Webber is the top man when it comes to technical stuff but, it doesn't show in his car optimization. Same applies to button although his fans only see the sun when they look at him. Moreover wHen he was at Honda with all the resources there was still poor development.

MrQwerty

June 18, 2012 9:11 PM

Of course what he says over the radio comes off as a complaint. He's hardly going to come on the radio just to say "the car's fine, no need to change anything but I thought I might as well tell you anyway." is he?

« 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9  »