F1 » Mallya: Force India has to raise its game

Vijay Mallya says Force India needs to raises its game to keep pace with Sauber and Williams

UncleSam

June 20, 2012 6:39 AM

@Mike
It is a bit unfair to judge Sutil as lacking because he is no longer in F1. Talent is a minor factor in today's F1, where half of the grid is there on wallet size not merit. If you had the cash, even you could get a seat today. Let's face it, Senna and Schumacher, in their primes, would be doubtful to produce a single good result in the Midland, Spyker, or the Force India cars Sutil raced. His record coming up through the lower ranks displayed that he did indeed have talent. Although his image may be tarnished and is not appealing to F1 teams, he can still be a valuable commodity in another series and if placed in the right situation, even produce quality results.

mike - Unregistered

June 20, 2012 7:24 AM

@Woohoo
I argree with much of you comment, however FIndia don't have pay drivers.
I don't judge Sutil on the simple fact he is not in F1. I base my opinion on evidence. He looked slow compared to a rookie particularly in the fist half of last season. He finished well enough but I think the decision was made before then. Nobody on this board will know as much as the FI team, I therefore would suggest they have a better insight into why DIR and Hulk were the better driver options and I still think that decision was sound. DIR has been impressive and Hulk has been unlucky (according to the team) not to score more.

Googolplex

June 20, 2012 9:03 AM

Jose,

My post did not deny what you say about LH, I was simply pointing out that your criticism of Mallya (which I have no view about) seems inconsistent with your own proclaimed set of principles, namely that none of us should be making criticisms of individuals on racial grounds.

jose - Unregistered

June 20, 2012 6:18 PM

Googolplex,

Dog Biscuits ..
Go Reread the post ..All I said was the 'bum' refused to
take on one of his own countrymen as a driver.
Race ..What..Dam Sam (WTF) that's your Dog baby.
Adios

Jose

Mike - Unregistered

June 21, 2012 5:40 AM

Jose, at present none of his countrymen are anywhere near good enough. Mallya is trying to improve that and throwing money at a new series to get more of their kids into carting. You can't fault the guy's efforts in that area.

jose - Unregistered

June 21, 2012 1:24 PM

Googolplex,

Its never a good idea to play games with the Badman,,

Saddle up and try thinking clearly..
Byte (8bits 2009) that Dog baby!

The Badman, Jose