F1 » Webber: Time not bad considering....

Mark Webber looks set for a busy Sunday afternoon in Valencia after technical problems scuppered his qualifying run at the European Grand Prix.

Taipan

June 24, 2012 12:25 PM

Commodores, The problem Mark has now is this crap track. Mixed up grids usually means an interesting race but I have my doubts here. When it comes to tracks that should never have hosted an F1 race I can only think of Caesars Palace carpark and Phoenix as being less worthy than this place.
Now that I've had a rant about how bad I expect this race to be it will probably be a blinder, here's hoping.

Enjoy the race, everyone.

CommodoreS

June 24, 2012 3:20 PM

It turned out to be a you beaut Taipan.

As I said to Sunny and Richard Preparation
leads to Reliability.

RBR fresh formatted car-not prepared.

Makes a tough weekend for both Vettel and Webber.

Mark ended up doing well. Disaster for Seb.

izybluffen

June 24, 2012 3:38 PM

Nice work Commo.

Word of the day people is "Preparation"

I'm happy the probs were ironed out for Webber on race day and now he's 2nd in the WDC 2 places in front of Beiber.

Hope that doesn't spell trouble.

Taipan

June 24, 2012 3:56 PM

Fantastic race Commodores, I really didn't expect it. A nice surprise.
For Alonso, Schumacher and Webber to start outside the top 10 and end in the top 4 at that track is quite amazing, cream always rises!

CommodoreS

June 24, 2012 4:05 PM

@ Matt/Taipan.

A race like that makes a mans day.

I guess that sort of makes Mark No.1 now at RBR.

Interesting also 1st time pre race interview Mark did not deny thinking move to Ferrari but then again I know nothing.

izybluffen

June 24, 2012 4:13 PM

It does indeed makes a mans day !

I seen that as well. Like he said we will have to wait and see what happens where he stays/goes.

As much as I like Webber leading Beiber in the points it wouldn't matter if he was 100 points in front, he would still be No.2 to Hemlut and all hell would break loose.

Taipan

June 24, 2012 4:19 PM

Comm, Matt, It was also good to see the majority of passes were genuine good bits of driving, not just DRS moves.
4pm here and the beers already flowing to celebrate a great race, a bit early for me!

arcuid

June 24, 2012 5:52 PM

Night Commodore Waiting for the Italy vs England match. Won't be reporting for work after lunchtime anyway so I can catch some zzzzz. See you guys at Silverstone or if there is any interesting articles to comment on. I'm sure there will be a major one coming sooner or later.